Leadership Team Devotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ephesians 2:1-10: Made alive in Christ

Go down

Ephesians 2:1-10: Made alive in Christ Empty Ephesians 2:1-10: Made alive in Christ

Post  julian Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:11 pm

Overall, this passage does talk a whole lot about being alive - being reborn, I would say!

I have to agree with every word of this passage. Topics like these seem to be like huge cliches to me, but understanding it, and by experiencing it, God's forgiveness as well as our sinful nature is great. God's love is so powerful - that moves mountains and from what we learned this Sunday as a reflection - to love unconditionally. Although our sinful nature is great, God truly can forgive us and struggle with us to eliminate our habitual and generational sin.

The reason I think of it as such a cliche is because we normally take opportunities like this for granted and don't appreciate the pure seriousness of it. God detests sin, but loves the sinner, as Sam told us. Sin disgusts him to the point of like a reeking smell to us. I absolutely need to pray for the both of us, Joseph, that we get closer to God and remove all of those stupid temptations that we have done in the past - and truly, my brother, we can come closer and transparent to each other!

The main verses that stood out to me were from verses eight to ten; these I desire to memorize as I have done several verses (Romans 12:6 and Jeremiah 9:21)

8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

As it says in verse ten, we are called to be human beings of good fruit - to produce good works. God said to each and every one of us that WE ARE GOOD. We might screw up daily, but we need to make the effort that honestly counts!

Joseph, I know that you can do so many awesome deeds with your loving heart. Man, you define what it means to have an awesome heart - to talk with someone about their problems, Joseph, you inspire me. WE WILL work together to focus on not stopping our struggles, but by focusing on God - but remember - that although we're focusing on God so much, we need to be aware that Satan can attack us at any moment! We need to make this prayer!

God bless:

Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

This is something I wanted to share to you, Joseph - God has so many plans in store for you, especially at college! By working together, we will be able to have awesome hopes and futures that God has in store for us! Remember, hope is a good thing. And no good thing EVER dies. Smile

~Julian.
julian
julian

Back to top Go down