Leadership Team Devotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ephesians 1:15-23 (Thanksgiving and Prayer) [ MAR 21 ]

2 posters

Go down

Ephesians 1:15-23 (Thanksgiving and Prayer) [ MAR 21 ] Empty Ephesians 1:15-23 (Thanksgiving and Prayer) [ MAR 21 ]

Post  joseph Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:37 pm

Hey julian, hows it going man!

Ephesians 1:15-23

In this passage, the verse that stood out to me was versus 15,16. It says, " For this reason ever since i heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, i have not stop giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers". In this passage, it talks about thanks and prayer, as it says in the subtitle. But, it also talks about faith. The Lord is telling us, to have faith. This is because, as we pray along, we must have faith in our prayers. If we do not have faith in our prayers, then what is the point of even praying. The Lord always have faith in us. When he prays for us, he always has faith. It is also said that, we should say thanks to the Lord, because you also says thanks to us. You know what i mean? Anyways, in conclusion, give thanks to the Lord for he is good, and ask for prayer.

AMEN!!
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Ephesians 1:15-23 (Thanksgiving and Prayer) [ MAR 21 ] Empty Re: Ephesians 1:15-23 (Thanksgiving and Prayer) [ MAR 21 ]

Post  julian Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:33 pm

Heya Joseph!!
I'm going great - I know it's pretty late, but I had some work to finish.
I pray that you're doing fine too!~

Ephesians 1:15-23:

I feel that this passage is certainly all about thanksgiving and prayer. Verses seventeen and eighteen stood out to me the most:

I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit[a] of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. 18I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints.

Thinking about the title for some time, I feel that God does give us the knowledge and the revelation - all we need to really is pray! In other words, we have everything we need, and all we need to do is apply it! I actually wanted verse eighteen to be my prayer for you as for myself - that the eyes of our hearts will be truly open and just so open to what God has in store for us! Now that I think about it, it seems so big of a cliche when we always think that we should always listen to God, but it means a whole lot!

I always keep this verse inside my head: Romans 12:6 (I believe)

Do not conform any longer to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.

Especially for you, Joe, going into college to be a police officer, I'm sure that it was the decision of God that allowed you to think about going there, and man, as a brother, I'm so happy for you! I especially pray while at college or in your job, that you listen to the voice of God before anything else, and that you truly give your thanksgiving!

Although thanksgiving is only one holiday (or weekend, at least, haha) we really need to cherish it's importance as if it were a New Years resolution. Even for me, I don't seem to keep on thanking God, especially for the times that I do feel jealous. But after reading this passage, in verses fifteen and sixteen, I DESIRE to never stop praying or thanking him because he's so awesome!

I pray that you be able to have such an awesome moment with God, continuing to thank him and pray with him! Smile He WILL work through our struggles, guaranteed!

God Bless,

Julian!~
julian
julian

Back to top Go down