Leadership Team Devotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ephesians 2:11-22 (One in Christ) [MAR, 23]

2 posters

Go down

Ephesians 2:11-22 (One in Christ) [MAR, 23] Empty Ephesians 2:11-22 (One in Christ) [MAR, 23]

Post  joseph Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:49 pm

Hey julian, hows it going! Sry for not posting yesturday, i forgot to. Sry about that!

Anyways, heres my devotions!

In this passage, it was hard for me to understand what it's trying to say, so ill give it my best shot!

Ephesians 2:11-22

In this passage, i learned that the Lord is telling us to be more like Jesus. We are his disciples and we must be a disciple. Like sam would always say, its a previlage that we get to leard more about Christ, right. But also, the Lord gave us a commandment, that we should go you and help those who are in need, meaning, spreading the word of the gospel. You know, whevener i try to envangalize one of my friends, its really hard for me because they always laugh and make jokes about. But i never give up, i keep on trying, and i know for sure that one day, they will be believers. As the the Lord said, never give up and have faith. If you pray for what you want, the Lord will give you. So, the Lord sends out us a message, to evangelize others, because it is a commandment from God.

AMEN!!!
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Ephesians 2:11-22 (One in Christ) [MAR, 23] Empty Re: Ephesians 2:11-22 (One in Christ) [MAR, 23]

Post  julian Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:42 pm

Heya Joseph... I've actually messed up on this and am really irritated; sometimes the posts don't cut through and I have to retype it. Sad

Basically, there was this barrier between the Jews and their supremacy and the Gentiles and their "submission". You see, back in Israel, the Jews thought that the promised land was THEIRS. They believed that the holy spirit was THEIRS. The Gentiles lost all hope.

God hated this barrier. He wanted an end to it. You see, God wanted us to be united as one - as one body that so longs to worship Christ.

To this day, so many "barriers" exist today. One of those is the church. Not particularly our church though...

I ask myself this: why do we have so many churches?

Aren't we all Christians that are all brothers and sisters? Why can't we be united as one?

I feel that many churches seem to have a lot of pride in what they might be doing, and some churches just simply have great rivalry with others.

Why are we a church if we bicker over this? A church is a community that worships God peacefully.

Even in our own church, we have to join hands, side by side, to get that unity - that feeling of intimacy and peace. By uniting as one body that serves, we get to have access to the father by one spirit. (18)

Verse fourteen is one I desire to remember;

For he himself is our grace, who has made the two one and destroyed the barrier, the wall of hostility.
julian
julian

Back to top Go down