Leadership Team Devotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 7:36-50 (Jesus Anointed by a Sinful Women) [June 22]

2 posters

Go down

Luke 7:36-50 (Jesus Anointed by a Sinful Women) [June 22] Empty Luke 7:36-50 (Jesus Anointed by a Sinful Women) [June 22]

Post  joseph Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:58 pm

Hey guys, hows everyone doing!! Hope your exams are going great!

Jesus Anointed by a sinful women

So for this passage, one thing i learned is that, when we ask for forgiveness, we must put faith in it. As it says in verse 50. Jeses said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace". In this passage, it showed how the women desperatly wanted to be forgiven by Jesus. She kissed Jesus' foot, she had tears coming down her eyes, she put perfume on Jesus's foot. This part shows how much faith she had in Jesus, and that she knew that Jesus was going to forgive her. when we ask for forgiveness, you need to love, and that you really want to be forgiven. It has to come out of your heart.

PEACE!

btw, would you guys prefer having meeting this friday or before! Because, julian is leaving sometime this week for Quebec, and he wont be able to make it on friday night. I would really like for us, to chill with Julian before he leaves for Quebec. So give me your feed back. Ill be busy during the afternoon on friday because i have graduation commencement.
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Luke 7:36-50 (Jesus Anointed by a Sinful Women) [June 22] Empty Re: Luke 7:36-50 (Jesus Anointed by a Sinful Women) [June 22]

Post  Soojala Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:14 pm

sorry i haven't been doing my devotions

i have done some but just haven't been posting it, as well i haven't been doing them because of exams.

i am at fault

luke 7 36-50
The lesson in this passage is somewhat vague in the REAL lesson that is being taught. (in my opinion)
If one were to read this lightly, they would deduct from the passage that one who has disobeyed God more, or sinned more will value God's forgiving love and mercy more than a person who has lead a more pure life. However, though that is correct the truth that is being written about is that those who seek repentance more, or recognize their greater debt and ultimately desire God's receiving hand is the one who would obviously cherish God more.
So the pharisee is at fault, because even though he might have not led a life as sinful as the woman's, he did not recognize and seek repentance at the same length as her.

Soojala

Back to top Go down

Luke 7:36-50 (Jesus Anointed by a Sinful Women) [June 22] Empty Re: Luke 7:36-50 (Jesus Anointed by a Sinful Women) [June 22]

Post  Soojala Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:31 pm

hey guys, sorry for the late response
had work till 11.

luke 8- the Parable of the Sower

I think this passage basically speaks for itself, especially in the verse
13- 15.

Night!

Soojala

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down