Leadership Team Devotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 1 (June 7)

5 posters

Go down

Luke 1 (June 7) Empty Luke 1 (June 7)

Post  joseph Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:52 pm

Hey guys, hows ur week going so far!

So we are now doing the book of luke!

Luke 1

So this chapter basically covers up the birth of Jesus Christ. It just talked about how God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph. Then she gave birth to a baby, and named her Jesus.

Then God said that this baby will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High (v32) God said that he will be given with great power and will be called as the Son of God. With these powers, he will rescue us from the hand of our enemies and to enable us to serve him without fear, in holiness and righteousness before him all our days (v73-75)

v57. When it was time for Elizabeth to have her baby, she gave birth to a son.
v58. Her neighbors and relatives heard that the Lord has shown her great mercy and they shared her joy.

Later on through this chapter. It talked about another child who was born, and his name was John, the baptised. In this passage, it showed that once this child was born, he immediatly praised God, the moment when he opened his mouth. So then, he was ment to be the one, to baptise Jesus Christ.

Peace!
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Luke 1 (June 7) Empty LUKE 1 (JUNE 7)

Post  2juliajaypm1164 Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:28 pm

|Hey guys
umm so this chapter talks about many things, first its about the birthing of John and how his parents Zechariah and Elizabeth gave birth to John even though it was basically impossible to have a child.
Gabriel comes to Zechariah in the temple to bring him great news.
When i read that i thought how sick it would be if an angel came to me and told me about my future child, i don't know if i would believe it. how did Zechariah know that it was a message from God and not just a thought that he had in his mind?
Probably because he was in a temple, having a little QT with the big man?
haha
so in the second section an angel tells Mary that she's going to give birth to Jesus.
i didn't know Jesus and John were born at similar times.
i have know idea what verses 41-45 mean, why did Elizabeth's baby leap in her womb?
because he heard Mary's voice?
i don't understand
The Birthing of John the Baptist obviously talks about John being born.

Very Happy
Have a good day people
<3

2juliajaypm1164

Back to top Go down

Luke 1 (June 7) Empty Re: Luke 1 (June 7)

Post  ESTHERshim Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:59 pm

LUKE 1
V1 "Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us"

So what makes Luke special?
Luke's the first part of a two-volume work that includes The Acts of the Apostles.

I searched this up and it said:

"This is clear from the introductions to both books (see Luke 1:1-4 and Acts 1:1-5). These books together tell about the life of Jesus from his birth until he was taken to heaven (Luke), and then they report how the early followers of Jesus continued to spread the teachings of Jesus and tell about his life (Acts)."

What's the story behind the scene?
Luke was likely created from at least three different sources: the book of Mark; a collection of Jesus' sayings, which Matthew also used; and a collection of stories not included in any other Gospel. Luke probably wrote this Gospel some time after A.D. 70, the year the Romans destroyed Jerusalem and the temple while putting down a Jewish revolt. Luke 19:43,44 appears to give details of this event. Luke’s stories about the birth of Jesus are more detailed than those of any other New Testament book. And some familiar stories called “parables” that Jesus used in teaching about God's love are found only in Luke: “The Good Samaritan” (10:25-37), “One Sheep” (15:1-7), and “The Prodigal Son” (15.11-32). Luke is the only Gospel that tells how Jesus visited the home of the hated tax collector named Zacchaeus (19.1-10) and promised life in paradise to a dying criminal (23:39-43).

Jesus' concern for the poor is an important theme in Luke. The good news is preached to them; they receive God's blessings; they are invited to a great banquet; the poor beggar named Lazarus is taken to heaven by angels; and Jesus commands his disciples to sell what they have and give the money to the poor. He wrote in the style of the Greek and Roman historians and biographers of his day. Many think that he was not Jewish and lived outside of Judea, and that he was writing for a Gentile audience. This is supported by a key theme in Luke: God sent Jesus to be the Savior of all people, both Jews and Gentiles.

have a good Tuesday!

ESTHERshim

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph.p Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:44 pm

Hey guys!
just came back from the library ugh... this time of the year again!!
so now its Luke Smile

Wow, i just read this.. very long and confusing.
didnt get it sorry..
joseph.p
joseph.p

Back to top Go down

Post  Soojala Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:35 pm

the birth of John the Baptist Foretold.

Joseph- the passage is simply a story of how God sent an angel, telling Zechariah of his son who would be a great servant to him.

That's all, i think.

peace!

Soojala

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down