Leadership Team Devotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 6 (June 14)

5 posters

Go down

Luke 6 (June 14) Empty Luke 6 (June 14)

Post  joseph Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:31 am

Hey guys! Whats up!

Got an exam tomorrow! Gotta study now!

Im in hurry so ill try make this sound good as poosible!

v37. Do not Judge, and you will not be judged. Do no condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

This verse really stood out to me the most. It says, do not judge others, and you shall not be judged. But if you do judge others, you will be judged as well. It doesnt techinically say that, but thats what i basically means. When we judge others, we are expressing are loves to them. For instance, if you judge are enemies because we have no love in them, then you too will be judged by God.

In verse27, 28, it says, "but i tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. God has given us this commandment because, he wants us to love our enemies and not have hatred with them. We want to love because God loved us first. So, instead of judging our enemies, we must bless them, and pray for them. So that they will be blessed.

Dont judge and you wont be judged, love and you will be loved, do not condemn, and you will no be condemned, forgive, and you will be forgiven.

PEACE OUT afro
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Luke 6 (June 14) Empty Re: Luke 6 (June 14)

Post  jennifersoomihong Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:56 pm

oh mann,, joe hahah the same thing stuck out to me!!
Surprised i didnt look at yours first tho Razz promise hahaa
so~

Judging Others
37"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
39He also told them this parable: "Can a blind man lead a blind man? Will they not both fall into a pit? 40A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher.

41"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 42How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye

this verse stood out to me because i found this the most common thing that everyone does, the most hurtful thing a person can do to you, and the most hardest thing to stop.

i liked the thing they said of how a blind man cannot lead a blind man, because technically, we all are blind men. we all make sins, and our own mistakes, so why cant others too? we are all not pure, so we shouldnt view ourselves as higher than others, because no one is but God.

i also liked the sawdust and plank story, cause many of us dont see our own problems, and just point the problems others have to other people. this makes them hypocrites, and personally, theyre the most annoying people to me. Razz

hahaha so yeahhhh i liked this passage Very Happy

have a greeeaatt today and tomorrow!
jennifersoomihong
jennifersoomihong

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:11 pm

haha nice!!
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Post  ESTHERshim Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:39 pm

hooollyyyy that's long Surprised

LUKE 6
V2 "Some of the Pharisees asked, "Why are you doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?"

Lord of the Sabbath
i think that we all want things answered but when we receive that answer, we're not satisfied with it because it's not the we were looking for. Like the pharisees, they wanted answers and wanted to pick Jesus apart with the knowledge they thought was more. The thing is, Jesus knows all. It's that simple so why should we try to complicate that? i think rather than looking for a certain answer, we should start looking for THE answer; Jesus's answer. V9 "Then Jesus said to them, "I ask you, which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to destroy it?"

The Twelve Apostles
V12 "One of those days Jesus went out to a mountainside to pray, and spent the night praying to God."
This is where he chose his twelve disciples, but it also said that he spent the night praying. i think prayer is our reassurance. Jesus would have already known whom to pick as his disciples, but he also prayed. Prayer gives others many forms of completion; either through answers, reassurance, etc. It's always there for us to communicate with god, anytime I love you

Blessings and Woes

V17 "He went down with them and stood on a level place. A large crowd of his disciples was there and a great number of people from all over Judea, from Jerusalem, and from the coast of Tyre and Sidon"
Bless those who are at discomfort and woe those who are already rich because they have already been blessed? That's kinda controversial because why should the financially rich be treated lesser spiritually and they financially poor be treated with more blessing?cyclops

Love for Enemies
V27 ""But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. "
i really liked this part because it says that loving those who already love you back is not a great feat. It's loving those who do not show that same care for you back. Being nice to someone who is always nice to you back isn't being nice, technically. It's doing something good for someone who did not show that kindness to you or was even mean to you. That is love for your enemies. Cool

Judging Others
V37 ""Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. "
Judging comes really easily and naturally for me. is that the same for you? although it may be hard to not judge and criticize others, we should try to do the right thing. What good is to come out of judging? shallow happiness? confidence? nahhh ...it's not worth it Very Happy

A Tree and it's Fruit

V43 ""No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. "
V45 "The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks."

The Wise and Foolish Builders

V46 ""Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say? I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice."

have a wonderful tuesday! no scchhhoooolllll bounce

ESTHERshim

Back to top Go down

Post  Soojala Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:05 pm

WOW. So many lessons in one chapter.
May i suggest we do passage each day rather than chapter?- I think it'd be more effective in
learning the "meaning", if we focus on a single lesson. What do you guys think??

Jesus clearly whoops the pharisees' faces when he defies their law with clear logic.

It is more false then to not do good on the Sabbath. Alike, it is more false to not help a senior
with a cracked back than listening to that lesson we were all taught children: do not deal with strangers.
I find these days, society has created norms and standards of citizen behaviour and in the end we use those as EXCUSES as to why we did not help, or offer a solution or lalalala.

It ticked Jesus off and me too. So let's step outside of society's expectations, and do what is righteous and good.

Soojala

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:43 am

sure, ok! Starting tuesday! We will be doing by sections! I agree suj, i think it will be alot more effective.
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph.p Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:06 pm

which passege..?
joseph.p
joseph.p

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:25 pm

So its Luke 7:1-10 section (Jesus Raises a Widos Son)

Hey gyus, i just came home, and im super tired! I will read the passage, but i dont think ill write it down tonight, probably tomorrow! Thanks guys!
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down