Leadership Team Devotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Sermon (May, 30)

+2
julian
joseph
6 posters

Go down

Sunday Sermon (May, 30) Empty Sunday Sermon (May, 30)

Post  joseph Sun May 30, 2010 6:00 pm

Hey guys, whats up!

Starting tomorrow, we will be doing the book of ephesians. Sry for not discussing about this with you guys, forgot! My apologize. We will discuss this friday, when we sleep over at church!

Today was another interesting sermon! The fourth commandment, remember the Sabbath day! As pastor moses said, for the six days, we shall work, but on the seventh day, we shall rest because God made the sabbath day holy. As moses asked, what is holy? Holy means pure. I forgot what he exactly said, i think he said, holy means set if off. Correct me if i was wrong.

One thing i realized during the sermon was that, for some people, keeping the seventh day as the rest day can be difficult. For some, we have test we may have to study for the monday, or parents working so they can make money for their families, etc.

In my opinion, i think God created the sabbath day because so we can rest from all of are work, and spend some quality time with God. The lord has blessed that day, and made it holy. Thanks to this sabbath day, every live stock in this world will be rested, and blessed.

Peace!
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Sunday Sermon (May, 30) Empty Re: Sunday Sermon (May, 30)

Post  julian Sun May 30, 2010 8:22 pm

Joseph basically summarized it before I had a chance to.

It is true - keeping the Sabbath holy is a hard task for us students. Because of the endless procrastination in our lives, we're faced with leaving the work on Sunday, even for me. It can get tough, but we have to somehow manage.

My goal for this week is to essentially try and complete my work for six days - that the seventh may be used for rest, but to glorify God.

Remember that rest is both a good thing and a bad thing. An EXCESS of rest can lead to laziness and boredom. A day of rest that is used to praise God and enjoy ourselves is beneficial.

Joseph - Holy doesn't necessarily mean 'pure'. It means to be SET APART. Smile

To keep the Sabbath day holy is to keep it set apart from the other days of the week - bless it and glorify God on that day - that is what keeps it significant.

I pray that I can continue working harder this week for the six days and keep the seventh day as a time for spiritual nourishment and of rest - that God himself may rest as well.
julian
julian

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph Sun May 30, 2010 8:28 pm

oo yea, thats right, SET APART! Thnx julian!
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph.p Sun May 30, 2010 8:56 pm

Today Pastor Moses talked about the fourth commandment. Keep the Sabbath Holy.

Our Sabbath as children of God, is to work for 6 days and rest for the 7th giving it up to God. For he did the same to us.

Holy= set apart.

I think it means that it should be set apart because the 7th day is a holy one. Its the day to give to God and to glorify his name. Usually we arent keeping the Sabbath holy because we dont come to church from our own choice, we come because our parents drag us. So it may be hard to give it up, but God created the 7th day to be set apart and to be used for his glory.

So my goal is to work very hard for 6 days, and on the 7th, honour and glorify Gods name keeping the Sabbath holy to please God.

Peace afro
joseph.p
joseph.p

Back to top Go down

Post  Soojala Sun May 30, 2010 9:50 pm

Keeping the sabbath holy.

I thought the importance of this commandment was meaningless- especially in the society we live in today.
I belived other errands and priorities were more important, such that they could be done for the sabbath.

But keeping SUNDAY only for God- is the ONE way we can worship him easily.
It is the one change, besides doing devotions everyday or giving tithe.

Keeping the sabbath day, I think would complete our worship of God and especially being loyal to our Father above.

Soojala

Back to top Go down

Post  ESTHERshim Mon May 31, 2010 12:10 am

FOURTH COMMANDMENT

so we learned that the Sabbath day should be kept holy.
also! that all our names have special meanings, and that's why they were carefully chosen to be our names. If our names are special so is God's name--that's why we shouldn't abuse his name. ie. "oh my god" or "geez" because it's using his name in a negative/non-worshiping way. Instead we should reframe from using those words Very Happy

have a good monday!! Basketball

ESTHERshim

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifersoomihong Mon May 31, 2010 3:39 pm

zee fourth comandment Smile
holy means "set apart" and God meant for us to keep the sabath day holy (as all of you said )
i also felt reaaalllyy guilty cause i ALWAYS say stuff like "oh my god" or like "jeeezz" or simply "god" sooo im trying to stop tat and start saying gosh?? or goodness?? is that not good as well?? im not suree,, i need a word though hahaha hmmm waht about sugarr Very Happy hahah i dont know ill think about it Cool
i learned that although we should try to talk to god and stuff EVREY single day,, the sabath day is meant JUST for God, god wants us to set this day apart from out "hectic" lives for him. hes not even asking for much. its one seventh of our lives, i think we can do it haha I love you
byebyee
jennifersoomihong
jennifersoomihong

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down