Leadership Team Devotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Reflection

5 posters

Go down

Sunday Reflection Empty Sunday Reflection

Post  joseph.p Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:59 pm

No one starting it so i guess i will Very Happy

We did the 6th commandment today. Do not Murder.
This meaning do not murder anyone because we are all portraits of God the lord our father.
I liked the example Moses said about the Mona Lisa and that is is protected by a 5 inch glass wall and guards. Why arent humans protected like that if we are portraits of God. shouldnt we be protected without a doubt at the highest degree..?
think about it.. thats about it..

Peace afro
joseph.p
joseph.p

Back to top Go down

Sunday Reflection Empty Re: Sunday Reflection

Post  joseph Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:45 pm

Sup yo!
Joe, i was going to start but you beat me! HAHA

So for todays sermon, moses talks about the 6th commandment which is you shall not murder. Pretty straight forward right. Murder is a terrible sin, and God strongy firbids it. Murder does not mean only killing someone, but it can also mean, how you feel about another person. Meaning, if we say we have hatred towards another person, that is also murder. For example, lets say, someone insults you, and you say, i hate you, i wish you were dead. That is basically murder because this shows you do not love him at all, and that you hate him. You know what im saying. So then, this related back to what moses said that we should love are enemies.

Luke 6:27,28 says "But i tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who mistreat you.

We should love are enemies because God said we should. If we choose not to love are enemies, then satan is recieving what he wants. We dont want that right? We want to love our enemies because if we do not love are enemies, then we are basically murdering them. If we cannot love are enemies, how can we love God? So love your enemies, just like how Jesus always did. Sry, i might have jumped around with todays reflection.

peace!
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Post  Soojala Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:12 pm

Thanks Joseph! I butchered your bro about stealing your books.
He is SO DONE sunday.
anyways.

Self- potrait. Why shan't we murder?- because essentially we are staining the self potrait of GOD himself.
Not only that, but that would be taking away someone's life, giving them an early ticket to heaven or even hell.

Imagine- in a burst of anger you punch someone in the face which coincidentally breaks the person's tooth, leading a cavity shard shooting up into their brain. THAT"S it. You can't call the ambulance because it's too late, you can't apologize for your emotional outburst, you can't save that person from hell. It's too late. You can't remove the scar you tarnished God's self portrait with repentance. God will forgive you, but that bruise and that blemish, that sin that God sees has happened to one of his self- portraits, to one of his children.- It will always be there.

therefore, do not murder. instead! make babies. Smile

Soojala

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifersoomihong Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:49 pm

sorry i havent done devos in a while!!
Embarassed theres no excuse, but last weeks been crazzzyy
but still,, theres no excuse tongue
okay,, so DO NOT MURDER
this is because we are all self portraits of God,-- LIVING self portraits.
so its like, theres a living self portrait of your dad, and you kill it.... nahhh thats no good!
or like on tv, when people take pictures of the person and put pins through them, they essentially WANT to kill the person, but settle for the portrait. so esssseeentially, whist killing other people, were killing self portraits of god, showing we would like to kill HIM, but were not going to!
yeahh,, aha
i like what suji said too. cause you never know what youll do, even if you dont MEAN to kill te person. and imagine the guilt you would live with. youd have to think about all the people you hurt, just by killing that one person. and how the urt people will hurt others lives with thier sadness, and so on, its just a chain reaction. Shocked
anywhooo, ave a greaatt week everyone!
its the last day of scool on wednesday for me Very Happy teeeheeeee
jennifersoomihong
jennifersoomihong

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:46 pm

In simple terms, we are God's self-portraits. We are created in his image, as the bible says. Each and everyone of us depicts an image of him. When we murder others, we partly murder him at the same time. GOD HATES THIS. I remember saying this: "We see that the Mona Lisa is being protected, even though it's dead; but, look at ourselves, and see the mass murders of people -from living to dying."

I don't think it applies only to physical murder. There could be "mental murder" at the same time - where others are being hurt - judged. God therefore too is judged and hurt.

My goal from this is to be careful with everything I do and think about - and truly forsee the consequences that take place.
julian
julian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down