Leadership Team Devotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Sermon (May, 23)

+2
Soojala
joseph
6 posters

Go down

Sunday Sermon (May, 23) Empty Sunday Sermon (May, 23)

Post  joseph Sun May 23, 2010 9:11 pm

Hey guys, whats up!

So for today’s sermon, pastor Moses talked about the third commandment which is "Honor Gods name" v.7 "You shall not misuse Gods name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name" This sermon really stood out to me because, I never thought of this commandment the way he did. The part that stood out to me the most is when he mentioned around the end of the sermon. That not only shall we honor Gods "name"", but Honor God, period. To me, I believe God deserves are honor because it’s not the fact that God gave us this command but why he gave us this command. I think he did this because he loves us, am I right? Correct me if I’m wrong. I think that’s it for me! I have trouble to remember what else he talked about, should have taken down notes. Anyways, hope you got the message guys.

Adios!

Which book of the bible do you guys wanna do for devotion now? I was thinking of Ephesians?
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Sunday Sermon (May, 23) Empty Re: Sunday Sermon (May, 23)

Post  Soojala Sun May 23, 2010 9:22 pm

Ah! I forgot my bible in my dad's car who went to work.
But no worries!!

Today's sermon:

For US to honour God- we must honour his name.

Plain and simple like Moses explained in his human analogy:

If we want to respect others, than we should address them by their names! (common courteous. no?)

I find I neglect this commandment a lot because it seemed very insignificant in my faith, especially with it be said carelessly all the time in society.

But when we say F*** you Suji!!- that seems worse than Oh my God.

BUt NO- it's the same and no name, and no ONE should be dishounoured in such context.

Peace out!

Soojala

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifersoomihong Mon May 24, 2010 3:31 pm

sorry,, i slept over at my friends house, and she doesnt have internet, so ill do it now Razz
i like how pastor moses gave us tools to remember the commandments Smile
haha so,, we were talking about this in ohana, and pauline was like, (well this is what i got out of tis haha ) uhm other things that belong in christianity sometimes block the way for your true relationship with god himself, for example, when someone smashes their bible to the ground, people would be in shock, and would be like "what did you just do... omg" but the thing is, the bible contains very precious information for us, but it is not god himself, also praying, like how we turn to prayer as a quick fix, so we focus on all of these things, we might loose sight of god himself Wink
also,, moses' sermon, i realize using "oh my god" and others seem so minor, but were actually being disrespectful, so i better watch my mouth Embarassed cause i say that a lot ahaha
I HATE how im stuck inside with summatives,,, when ITS SUCH A NICE DAY AND I COULD BE DOING SOMETHING FUN RIGHT NOW Sad((((
im gunna finish quick so i can pirat HAVE A NICE DAY!
jennifersoomihong
jennifersoomihong

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph.p Mon May 24, 2010 7:01 pm

i couldnt do the reflection.. after church i went to johns house for a barbecue..
so ill do it now sorry
D:

In Moses' sermon today, he preached about the 3rd commandment, Honour Gods name. I liked his example with the parking ticket that if he had just knew his name, then he couldve saved 3 dollars.

Plain and simple, we worship the father by "GOD" and to misuse that word in a sentence such as "oh my God" is like 100000000000000000x worse than the F bomb or B****, so we shouldnt misuse his holy name for it it great.

So must always honour Gods name, have no idols before him and we must always realize, there is only one "G"od not gods.
joseph.p
joseph.p

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Mon May 24, 2010 7:51 pm

Heya guys...

Like Joseph P, I didn't do my Sunday service reflection either. I was bombarded by work and by family issues (with my parents returning), but that gave me no excuse. By God's grace am I able to come and talk again!

Third Commandment: HONOUR GOD'S NAME!

Really, identities are formed by the basis of names, with us humans at least. What would happen if I didn't know all of your names? Would it not be awkward, but would I not know your IDENTITY?

In the same way, God's name needs to be respected. The lack of respect of his name leads to the lack of respect for God himself. If you use his name for not the right reason, you are putting God himself in vain! It's as if someone uses you with a swear word - wouldn't it show disrespect? Wouldn't you get angry?

My prayer is that we can respect God's name from everyday life, even though we are exposed to hearing phrases like "Oh my God". Very Happy

Strike 4. Suji and Joseph, I think I've failed miserably. Either let me be redeemed, or kick me out. The choice is Yours.
julian
julian

Back to top Go down

Post  ESTHERshim Mon May 24, 2010 9:07 pm

haha so i'll do my devo now too Smile

REFLECTION
we all use profanity in our lives. can you think of a time this week/today when you swore? i hit my shoulders alot against the wall when i walk, and it really hurts so a bad word could've slipped out Rolling Eyes anyways! it's not necessary or even good for us so why do it? we should be aware of when we do those things, because as leaders it does impact others. the younger kids hear it and think it's okay to swear or lie, etc. so be aware! Very Happy

have a good tuesday!

ESTHERshim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down