Leadership Team Devotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LUKE 2 (JUNE 8)

4 posters

Go down

LUKE 2 (JUNE 8) Empty LUKE 2 (JUNE 8)

Post  ESTHERshim Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:50 pm

LUKE 2
V1 "In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world."

The Birth of Jesus
So it's saying that Jesus was born in a manger because Caesar Augustus decreed an order to take a census. Mary and Joseph had to take the census but they couldn't find an inn for Him to be born, hence the birth in a manger Idea

The Shepherds and the Angels
V9 "An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified."
Have you ever noticed that it's not spelled like "Sheppard" ? anyways! how would you react if an angel of the lord appeared in front of you? would you be terrified? Rolling Eyes

And there were shepherds in the same country abiding in the field, and keeping watch by night over their flock. And there were shepherds ...Their names are unknown, but they were appropriate representatives of Adam's race; and, as these words stand, they have a far more significant meaning than if personal names of these laborers had been supplied. The shepherds were in the field :The fact of the shepherd being outdoors suggests the temporal and transitory nature of the human family's status on earth. In the larger context of man's earthly tenure, the shepherds were better representatives of mankind than dwellers in strong houses might have been. In a sense, all men are "in the field," subject to all limitations of earth life, and remaining but a brief span of time.

Verse 10:
And the angel said unto them, Be not afraid; for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which shall be to all the people. Be not afraid ...Fear has ever been the bane of human existence on earth, ever since the fall from Eden. Man is born with only two fears, that of falling and that of a loud noise; but, to these, his experience quickly adds many more, and his fertile imagination countless others. For there is born unto you this day in the city of David a Saviour, who is Christ the Lord. Three titles of the Son of God were announced by the angels.

Google:
This prophecy is a marvel. It foretold that Mary would live to see Jesus crucified, and of the bitter sorrow in her own heart at the things which would befall the Son. (Joseph was not included in this.) The specific purpose of Calvary is also seen in the revelation of men's thoughts, which would flow out of it. Calvary is God's divider and separator of the good from the bad. The life of Jesus Christ, as revealed in the New Testament, polarizes the hearts of men, turning the wicked away, and drawing the redeemed upward to eternal life. Along with Mary and Joseph, we marvel at such a prophecy.

OVERALL.
Jesus is born and is shown to the world that he is finally here. He's our god:)

have a good tomorrow!

ESTHERshim

Back to top Go down

LUKE 2 (JUNE 8) Empty Re: LUKE 2 (JUNE 8)

Post  Soojala Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:14 pm

THanks Esther for starting the devotions!!

The story we have heard from sunday school, to last Christmas. To be honest, I did not find any meaning behind the words other than written in the passage.

lates.

Soojala

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:25 am

Sadly, I haven't been able to keep up with devotions in the last two days. Today, I will.
Although I had a LOT of tests this week, including jazz performances and festivals, I should've done them. To the team, I am sorry.
julian
julian

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:18 am

wuddup! Sry for not posting my devos last night! My bro needed the computer for his summative!

Luke 2

So basically this chapter is just the birth of Jesus Christ. He was created and was named Jesus ever since he had been conceived. And how the child will grow up to become strong with filled with wisdom and the grace of God. Thats pretty much it!

peace!
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down