Leadership Team Devotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 3: June 9:

4 posters

Go down

Luke 3: June 9: Empty Luke 3: June 9:

Post  julian Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:59 pm

Hey guys.
Im just continuing devotions. Seeing that no one's started theirs, I'll break the ice this time.

There's a lot of history behind this, but there are some good verses:

4As is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet:
"A voice of one calling in the desert,
'Prepare the way for the Lord,
make straight paths for him.
5Every valley shall be filled in,
every mountain and hill made low.
The crooked roads shall become straight,
the rough ways smooth.
6And all mankind will see God's salvation.

This really shows how God call us to do certain things, and he truly has a plan for us. With God's help, he will help us endure the hardships that we encounter daily, once we can confirm the calling of God. Before anything else, we need to enter God in our lives, truly. There might be one misconception - although fantastic results will occur in the end - where mankind can see God's salvation, Christian life is hard. We need to think about this, and let every trace of doubt be removed.

8Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. And do not begin to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' For I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. 9The axe is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire."

If you remember, we had a meeting awhile back with Sam (during the summer). Back then, I was really iffy about being serious, thinking I would have the savior on my side, and I could be lazy. Well, not quite.

I think that fruit seems to be a good model of comparison in the bible; our hearts make our FRUITS. Each of us has a gift that God gave us to be used. He does say he gives us forgiveness. Even if he forgives us, it doesn't mean we go to heaven. Ideally, a good parent wouldn't continue to forgive, even though someone's done something wrong over a million times! I think God works the same way. If we want to be purified, our actions have to show it. Our actions define our heart; faith without deeds is dead. ACTION IS SIGNIFICANT. Action reveals the purity of our Fruits. If we're to be unwanted weeds, we're just going to be cut off, because I think he sees it as us trying to get further apart from him.

This is all I can do for now.

-Julian.
julian
julian

Back to top Go down

Luke 3: June 9: Empty Re: Luke 3: June 9:

Post  joseph.p Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:27 pm

Sorry i couldnt do devos for the past days..
i packed all my summitives in one week..
guess its my fault but here todays devo.

Luke 3
At verse 5 it says Every valley shall be filled in, every mountain and hill made low. The crooked roads shall become straight, the rough ways smooth. And all mankind will see God's salvation.

I think this is trying to say that in the time of Gods return to Earth, straight paths will be made for him as well as valleys being filled and mountains made low and crooked roads becoming straight. Basically all bad things turn positive from the presence of God and his appearance. When he comes all mankind will be aware and we will all glorify his name.

Peace afro
joseph.p
joseph.p

Back to top Go down

Post  Soojala Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:33 pm

Sorry about yesterday's devotion- for some reason mine wouldn't post. If you don't believe me well, I can't prove anything to you. God is watching, which brings me to the point that people please do your devotions.

Anyways, I was reading this passage one verse stood out to me the most.

When the crowd asked John "what should we do?"
he replied:

11John answered, "The man with two tunics should share with him who has none, and the one who has food should do the same."

We need to do this. Not only at church but as a habit. This love that John is telling people to condone is what arouses people to come to church, to ask questions about God, and ultimately will open their hearts to the Holy Spirit.

Soojala

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:26 am

Allo! Sry for not posting yestuday! My bro needed to use the computer for summative, again! So i wrote it down! Here it is!

This verse also stood out to me the most!

Luke 3:11

"John answered, "The man with two tunics should share with him who has none, and the one who has food should do the same"

This passage talks about willing to make sacrifices and share with one another. In this verse it said, if you have food, share. The reason why i found this passage most important is because, as leaders, we need to share more with out brothers and sisters.

I remember long time ago, we use to have street missions. That was a great way of sharing are love to the homeless. And i hope we can do that soon, again!

Let me ask you this. Are you willing to sacrifice all your money, your career, posessions, so your can serve GOD? Think about that!

Did you know, there are so many children in Korea who has no family, no education, who's homeless, and completely lost. This goes back to the question "Are you willing to sacrfice all your money, your career, your posessions, so you can serve GOD?

Then john answered "The man with two tunics should share with him who has none, and the one who has food should do the same"

Peace!
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down