Leadership Team Devotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 4 (June 10)

4 posters

Go down

Luke 4 (June 10) Empty Luke 4 (June 10)

Post  joseph Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:07 am

SUP YO!
Man, got exam tomorrow! Sux, gano go library today, again!
Anyways, heres my devos!

v4. "Jesus answered, "It is written: "Man does no live on bread alone"

This verse really stood out to me because, it represents that, where ever you are, you are never alone! What ever happens, GOD will always be with you! So in this case! When Jesus was in the desert for 40 days and 40 nights, he was tempted by the devil. When Jesus was being tempted by the devil, he was never alone! God was always with hime! Then he said, man does not live on bread alone! When we fast, and we feel hungry! The best thing to do, is think about God! Such as praying to him, talking to him, etc! The bread is hunger, and alone is God being on your side!

v18. "The spirit of the Lord is on me because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has send me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed,
v19. to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor!

These verses also stood out to me, because just like Jesus, God has chosen us to be the leaders because, we were born to become leaders. Meaning, God has brought us here, so we can help those who are in need. The world is a sinful place, and the people in it needs help. It is our destiny, as Gods favor! Lets be more like Jesus! As moses said " More involvment, less excuses!

Peace! cya tomorrow!

good luck on exams guys! May God be with you!

wish me luck for exam!
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Luke 4 (June 10) Empty Re: Luke 4 (June 10)

Post  julian Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:07 pm

My main focus, like Joseph, related mostly to the first section - TEMPTATION.

If we look in scripture, we notice that Jesus resists even the best of temptation. This especially relates to our lives, definitely. For me, at least, I have so many temptations that the devil tries to offer me. Normally I do them, causing me to sin. It's such a shock when it DOES hit you hard though.

Jesus withstood the wrath of temptation - that the devil would give him all that any man would desire. Such a man is worthy to be praised, like no kidding.

"Worship the Lord and serve him only". Remember commandment number two? This goes back to the theme of "no idols". I mean, even though I pray and do my best, I face idols everyday. I'm faced with playing more music than talking to God. This struck me especially today...
julian
julian

Back to top Go down

Post  ESTHERshim Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:19 pm

sorry exam tomorrow...well technically today
i'll write it out later today!

ESTHERshim

Back to top Go down

Post  Soojala Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:51 pm

Hey guys! Just got back from work. Pretty tired.

Anyways- whenever I read passages regarding Jesus' time on earth, I feel as though I can interpret any meaning behind the words.

To me, the passages are just stories but when I read your devotions! I can look at the bible in a different way.

So I'm going to try again, hopefully and successfully with your commitment to devotions with God. Smile

Soojala

Back to top Go down

Post  ESTHERshim Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:18 pm

i can't come to the meeting
cause my cousin came from korea and he's staying at our house
so we're going to places tonight and i have to go too
i'm sorry for the short notice!!

ESTHERshim

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:38 pm

ok, thanks for letting us know esther! Have fun!
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down