Leadership Team Devotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SUNDAY SERVICE REFLECTION [MARCH, 9]

+2
julian
joseph
6 posters

Go down

SUNDAY SERVICE REFLECTION [MARCH, 9] Empty SUNDAY SERVICE REFLECTION [MARCH, 9]

Post  joseph Sun May 09, 2010 12:47 pm

Hey guys, whats up! so today is officially the first day we get to use this forum all together! Its not so great, but as long we get to do devos, its all good.
Anyways, heres my reflection for todays sermon!

So basically, pastor moses talked about the ten commendments. And the reason why God sent out these ten commendments is because God wanted to express out his love. Honestly, i would have never thought of it that way. I thought God sent out the ten commendments because of our sins. Thats one thing i learned on todays sermon.

One thing i realized in todays sermon was that, moses talked about 3 commandment. Im not sure how he said it but in the bible it said, "You shall not bow down to them and worship them" (exodus 20:5). Correct me if im wrong. Anyways, i learned that, even if we choose to put God first in are life, we are wrong, because it doesnt matter if we put Got first or not. The only thing that matters is that, God is the one and only God in are life, so there is no first or second, etc. There is only one God, period. Sry, i think im jumping around.

I have alot more, but those two stood out to me the most.

anyways, i think thats it, keep up with devos and stuff guys.

-adios-
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

SUNDAY SERVICE REFLECTION [MARCH, 9] Empty Re: SUNDAY SERVICE REFLECTION [MARCH, 9]

Post  julian Sun May 09, 2010 3:42 pm

Hey guys! Smile

I believe Pastor Moses' sermon focused mostly on how the 10 Commandments is essentially our Christian "Charter of Rights and Freedoms". It's an important document - to follow a set of rules in order to become closer to God.

The easiest way to remembering them is:

1) One God
2) No idols
3) Honor God's name
4) Keep the Sabbath Holy
5) Honor your mom and dad
6) M-urder
7) A-dultery
8 ) S-teal
9) T-estimony (bearing false testimony)
10) Do not covet.

I find that although they're rules, they're not laws. If you do happen to study law, rules are mandatory if you wish to take part in something, like a game. But, they can be broken easily. As you guys know, breaking laws results in a harsh punishment. Breaking rules... not so much. I was struggling to call them "laws", as I recognize that God gives us choice in life. He does not FORCE us to follow these rules, but encourages us. But like Pastor Moses said, if we happen to follow all of the rules this week, it could be life-changing!

In terms of what Pastor Moses spoke of today,

1) ONE GOD.

- God is the basis of ALL the commandments. No God, no commandments. It's said in order to REMIND us that he is the fundamental - there's simply no purpose to it, as it's all devoted to God!

- Genesis 15:12-21
- Although God never forgot about the Israelites, the Israelites forgot about God after 400 years! This was the only way to re-establishing the covenant - the promise - with God again!

2) NO IDOLS.

- Recall that in Israel at the time, many Israelites worshipped gods of various things - of the light, rain, you name it. Even in daily life, we have idols. Whether it might be a person, or something, it's as we're worshipping CREATION, not the CREATOR. While you might think that person or some sort of game might seem fun, it will be fun - for a certain time. At the end of the day, you have to look at God - the creator - the maker of heaven and earth. I personally feel that God does not want to be worshipped alongside another God. He says either worship him or worship something else! If we really want to worship him, we should be prepared to give up something that we idolize - that we worship, ESPECIALLY MONEY!

And that's sorta my recap/reflection today.

Keep it up guys,

Julian.
julian
julian

Back to top Go down

SUNDAY SERVICE REFLECTION [MARCH, 9] Empty Re: SUNDAY SERVICE REFLECTION [MARCH, 9]

Post  Soojala Sun May 09, 2010 6:39 pm

Hey guys! Wow, your posts are really long.

I think the essence of Moses' sermon is that the ten commandments
are not just rules that God has outlined for us, so we may come to possess the knowledge
of what actions disobeys his name and what actions glorify his name.
The purpose of the ten commandments is to restrict us from falling into sin.
He purposely has given us this monumental passage so he may protect us
from what is deadly and corrupt.
It's like Moses' analogy today. Our parents do not let us go out sometimes because they
don't want us to be involved in a certain lifestyle that brings work last. They restrain us
from that lifestyle because through their wisdom they know that education and hard work
will bring us great insurance and security in the future.
Similarly, God knows that if we follow his commands we will be spiritually alive and most of all saved.

Peace!!

Soojala

Back to top Go down

Post  ESTHERshim Sun May 09, 2010 7:56 pm

howdie.
it's gonna be short. i'm really sick.

I learned that God is our insurance. Like what Moses said about the bungee cord: God is our bungee cord. Even though it feels like we're taking that plunge and it's scary sometimes, we should know that God is always with us and is keeping us safe.

farao

ESTHERshim

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifersoomihong Mon May 10, 2010 5:41 pm

hey yall sunny i had five hours of sleep last night Sleep sooooo i just woke up from a wooonderdful nap but im still tired xD
ANYWAY
i like the metaphor that pastor moses used too, that he is our bungeecord and he will always be there to protect you even when you feel like youre falling. i also see that even when youre at your lowest point, god will always be there to pull you back up I love you
i also liked his way of remembering the 10 commandments cause ive always been embarresed that i couldnt remember them tongue
BUT the good thing is! now i do! Very Happy
i also liked what joseph said, that there is only one god, that you shouldnt be putting him first because god should be the only thing in your life so you have nothing to put first, its just him.
i think its a good thing to try and follow it, but i know its SUPER HARD- even pastor moses has problems with it, but im sure if i always keep that in mind, my life would change a lot more in a positive way Surprised
anywhoooooo, you all have a wonderful beginning of the week!! byebye bounce
jennifersoomihong
jennifersoomihong

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph.p Mon May 10, 2010 8:08 pm

O.O
sorry i couldnt do this on Sunday. Its cause i accidentally deleted the website. D:

The message i think pastor Moses was trying to give our ministry was that the 10 commandments weren't made for the following of the rules but it was made by God to show and express his love toward us. Just like Moses gave examples that our parents make rules not because they dislike us, its because they love us and want to keep us safe.
Also pastor Moses a great way in memorizing the TEN COMMANDMENTS Exclamation
now i remmeber them and understand them aswell:)
HAVE A GREAT WEEK
joseph.p
joseph.p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down