Leadership Team Devotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 7:1-10 (The Faith of the Centurion) [June 16]

3 posters

Go down

Luke 7:1-10 (The Faith of the Centurion) [June 16] Empty Luke 7:1-10 (The Faith of the Centurion) [June 16]

Post  joseph Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:36 am

Woooo, no one did devotions yesturday! Well, i didnt do it either, so i guess we are all even!

So from now on, we have decided to devotions by section because this way, we will probably get more learning from the passage! sounds good!

Luke 7:1-10 (The Faith of the Centurion)

v9. When Jesus heard this, he was amazed at him, and turning to the crowd following him, he said, "I tell you, i have not found such great faith even in Israel!"

This verse stood out to me the most. It is describing that, the servant was healed by Jesus because this man had faith along with the rest of Israel people. The reason i chose this verse because, in order to receive what you want, you need faith in it. If we say, i want this and that but we dont have faith in it, then how can we get it. For instance, you have an exam tomorrow, and your worried your going to fail it. If you want a good mark, have faith in your self and just study. If you have faith in it, then God will give you the mark you want. Anyways, so this verse, is saying that, have faith, and you will reveive it.

PEACE!
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Luke 7:1-10 (The Faith of the Centurion) [June 16] Empty Re: Luke 7:1-10 (The Faith of the Centurion) [June 16]

Post  julian Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:06 pm

I agree, Joseph... you spelt it right out of my heart.
I can't seem to digest so much information within one night. I prefer if we could do it by sections (i.e. by the subheading that gives a topic).

I'm kinda skeptical about verse four and five:

4When they came to Jesus, they pleaded earnestly with him, "This man deserves to have you do this, 5because he loves our nation and has built our synagogue."

I think this applies truly when God is in the picture here. When the focus is about God, I think that we do deserve certain things eventually. God fulfills our promises to the very end. He gets millions of requests - I think that's why he takes time. As I say a lot, time will tell. But effort is also needed in such cases. I mean, God won't give us a 100% for putting in 10% effort, right? In life, it doesn't work that way. That creates insanity.

I do think that this relates a lot to one of my favourite verses, Jeremiah 29:11 - For the plans I have for you are plans to prosper you, not to harm you - plans to give you a hope and a future. I think that God will help us to create good things for his kingdom. We all have gifts, and we are all blessed with such.
julian
julian

Back to top Go down

Luke 7:1-10 (The Faith of the Centurion) [June 16] Empty Re: Luke 7:1-10 (The Faith of the Centurion) [June 16]

Post  ESTHERshim Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:26 pm

LUKE 7:1-10
The Faith of the Centurion
V1 "When Jesus had finished saying all this in the hearing of the people, he entered Capernaum."
this passage stood out to me:
"This man deserves to have you do this, because he loves our nation and has built our synagogue."
who are we to deserve god? hm.... Very Happy
have a good tomorrow!

ESTHERshim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down