Leadership Team Devotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Timothy 3 (March 12)

+2
ESTHERshim
joseph
6 posters

Go down

1 Timothy 3 (March 12) Empty 1 Timothy 3 (March 12)

Post  joseph Wed May 12, 2010 4:02 pm

Sup!
o man, so tired, even though i had like 12 hours of sleep last night. Anyways.....

In this chapter, God talks about overseers and deacons. v12. A deacon must be the husband of the one wife and must manage his children and his household well. As leaders, were are deacons in are ministry, correct. It is are duty to help out and support are ministry, such as organizing retreats, events, sunday services, etc. Just like how pastor moses would preach for us all, and the praise team playing the music so the church can have worship. Every individual has different gifts, gifts from God. So what i am trying to say here is that, as leaders, we all have duties for this ministry and for our one God. There are times when we fall apart and lose controll, but it doesnt mean we should give up. So lets step up and become deacons. Thats pretty much it.

adios
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

1 Timothy 3 (March 12) Empty Re: 1 Timothy 3 (March 12)

Post  ESTHERshim Wed May 12, 2010 4:46 pm

i have to go to a concert so....... it's gonna be short!!!
did everyone's tests go well?Rolling Eyes

1 TIMOTHY 3
V1 "Here is a trustworthy saying: If anyone sets his heart on being an overseer, he desires a noble task."

from what i got is that we all have our duties. It talks about deacons and overseers; all things come with responsibilities that we should take advantage of. we should know where we stand. Like in the passage, if we are put in a position serving God, shouldn't we act like we are serving him? i just remembered a quote from spiderman "Great power comes great responsibilities"

have a good tomorrow! Wink

ESTHERshim

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph.p Wed May 12, 2010 7:37 pm

ESTHER!
feel better! pale
SUJI!
FIGHTINGG Very Happy

1 Timothy 3
Right at the beginning of the chapter theres a message being sent out. It is that If anyone sets his heart on being an overseer, he desires a noble task. Throughout life, you don't come to do a duty, you are born to do a duty for the Saviour, just like this verse is saying that if you set out to be a follower of Jesus Christ, then you desire to do whatever he asks and you are willing to do anything. What a Face Also just like Joe said, we are the leaders of our ministry, desiring a certain task for others to get to know Jesus and to come to him. Our task is to be organizing retreats and etc for those certain people in our ministry to become closer and closer to God. Smile

I GUARANTEE I ACED MY CHEM TEST Very Happy
thanks for the good lucks Smile
PEACE study
joseph.p
joseph.p

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifersoomihong Wed May 12, 2010 8:52 pm

omygosh esther... you copied my saying.... ever since missions... GOSH! "have a good tomorrow" was mine!!! No
JOSEPH: its choir haahaa
ESTHER: goodluck What a Face
DEEEEEVOS: 5(If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God's church?)
in this passage, it talks about how you have to be prepared personally, before you can take on being an overseer or a deacon, because how can you teach other people things that you have not grasped yourself? how can you be able to let others rely on you to lead them to become closer and more intimate with god when you dont know how to do it yourself? that is kind of a pointless thing to do if you are trying to teach others. if anything, it would make people travel the wrong way, away from christ since the best way to teach is by example.
hahaha i think i got a but side tracked, buttttt i certainly learned something cheers yaay
ANYWHO
HAVE A NICE TOMORROW. bom
im tired Sleep nighty night!
jennifersoomihong
jennifersoomihong

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Wed May 12, 2010 8:56 pm

Again, the topic for today's devotion has already been laid out. Overseers and Deacons. So what, is what someone would think at first; it took me some time, actually, to maybe understand the point.

It relates partially to the Spiderman theme that I believe Esther mentioned. Really, in life, we're given so many responsibilities, but let's focus on the church.

We come to church to definitely serve God. Well, "serving" God can take place in many forms, as far as I can see. Surely, we come to learn something each week that might or might not be incredible. But a lot of the time, as leaders - as deacons or overseers, we should act as proper role models in addition to the responsibilities that we're encouraged to do.

There are so many conditions, now that I see, in order to be a deacon or an overseer. I feel there are so many requirements because at the time where Paul was writing his letters, the holy church was just so corrupted. There needed to be proper reformation within the Christian body, and the only way to do so was to find dedicated, strong, committed, and especially leaders meeting the requirements.

It might seem like it's going against the fact that Christianity gives choice. My feelings suggest it doesn't. Note that I'm not always correct, and that everyone has their respective opinions. I just suggest it still embraces democracy. You don't HAVE to follow these requirements, but as verse five says, if you can't even manage your family, how can you even take care of God's church? There's no complete logic to doing so; I mean, why lead and make a false impression of GOD's community with no purpose? Is it not really to degrade God's name? If one were to become leaders - deacons - preachers of the law, then reformation in oneself would be required. Otherwise, it embraces the concept of hypocrisy! God dislikes hypocrisy, now that I remember Andy doing a devotion on it during the summertime...

I think that we overall need to have the right MINDSET and state of mind, especially emotionally, so that we can lead peacefully - properly.
julian
julian

Back to top Go down

Post  Soojala Wed May 12, 2010 8:58 pm

won softball games today!
beat earl haig Razz (JOSEPH!!)

1 Timothy 3
Basically I what I got from this chapter
is what a deacon, and his supporter and wife must
be in order to serve God in their specific positions.

Though we may not want to be an overseer or wife of one,
we can learn how to be an important servant in God's church.

Be temperate, self- controlled, respectable, hospitable and gentle.
Be trustworthy.

Remember these and practice them, for they are characteristics that allow many to follow
a leader, and of course enable the leader to do great things in God's name.

Soojala

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph Thu May 13, 2010 6:18 am

really, wow, my school stinks at softball
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down