Leadership Team Devotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Timothy 1 (March, 10)

+2
joseph.p
joseph
6 posters

Go down

1 Timothy 1 (March, 10) Empty 1 Timothy 1 (March, 10)

Post  joseph Mon May 10, 2010 7:49 pm

Wuddup Team! Some of you guys havnt post your reflection yesturday. Thats stike 1 for you guys who have not done it. Please keep up.

Anyways, here is what i learned for todays devotions.

In this passage, it kind of relates back to what pastor moses talked about on Sunday. From verses 8-9, it talks about the rules of law and this has a connection with the ten commandments. As it says in verse 9, the law is made not for the righteous but for the law breakers and rebels. As pastor moses said, God sent out these ten commandments because he wanted to express his love, and by expressing his love, he set out these laws(ten commandments) for the sinners, the law breakers. Thanks to God, God has brought grade, mercy and peace. (v2)

baseball game tomorrow, wish me luck!

peace yall!
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

1 Timothy 1 (March, 10) Empty Re: 1 Timothy 1 (March, 10)

Post  joseph.p Mon May 10, 2010 8:27 pm

YOO. Smile
how was everyones monday??
do i get a strike??? I DIDNT HAVE THE WEBSITE?!?!
1 Timothy 1
same as joe at verse 9 where the passage said that the law was not made for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious. Just like pastor moses said, god made laws for protections and the sinners.
From verse 1 that God our saviour and of Christ Jesus our hope. Meaning that Jesus Christ is the only one for us and he is our hope. If you do not believe in him, you will not be accepted into the kingdom of heaven and will be hopeless. afro

GOOD LUCK JOE lol!
joseph.p
joseph.p

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifersoomihong Mon May 10, 2010 8:50 pm

ohhhhhhhhh woops i thought devos started today!? Shocked
im sorry Razz
uhmm so for this passage, what stood out for me, was that like joseph said, that these 10 commandments werent made for the righteous, but the law-breakers, which means that wen youre straying away from god, god reaches out to you in both big and small ways, which reminds me of the bungee cord relationship again Very Happy
this makes me feel really secure in god's love, that even though you sin, and hurt god, he will always be there for you and will do things to try and bring you back to his glory Wink
and that shows ow much gos loves us and how much he wants us to love him back, and to follow the way of life he forsees for us. becuase like a parent, he only wants the best for us. these rules are his way of guiding us I love you
teehee
summatives and exams yo! im gunna try NOT to cram this time,.... i probably will,,,,, but ILL TRY NOT TO *prayer request?... maybe!* procrastination hurts Crying or Very sad
hahaah have a fantastical weeek guys flower
GOODLUCK JOE cherry
jennifersoomihong
jennifersoomihong

Back to top Go down

Post  Soojala Mon May 10, 2010 9:03 pm

Sorry for the late reply!
I just came back from work Smile
SHOPPERS DRUG MART YALL

1 Timothy 1: 3- 11

I think what we should take from this passage, is that we shouldn't stand by our friends or peers when they say anything contradictory with our faith and love with God.
If we always standy as bystanders, then what is our relationship to God?- disloyal.

The law is good, for it outlines the 10 commandments but if it is for the sinners not the righteous:
meaning that we should not treat it as God's word but merely rules humanity has created.

Soojala

Back to top Go down

Post  ESTHERshim Mon May 10, 2010 9:25 pm

i hate being sick.

good luck jo!

1TIMOTHY 1
V2 "Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord."

Warning Against False Teachers of the Law
in verse 9 "We also know that law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious" the passage says that the law was not made for the right, but for the wrong. Those should not only teach the strong but look for the weak and teach.

The Lord's Grace to Paul
We must learn to thank BEFORE we ask for things. like in verse 17 "Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever" we have been given all that we need, then why are we still asking for so many things? We have God, isn't that enough? I think we should think about what we really want into what we really need in our lives. God should be thanked everyday because of all the things he has provided for us Very Happy

hope everyone has a fun tomorrow I love you

ESTHERshim

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Tue May 11, 2010 8:25 pm

Hey guys; sorry for my late post too. That's strike one for me.

I always enjoy the quote that Sam always used to say to us: Grace to you and peace. It's exactly the way that Paul does this. Smile

v. 3-11: Warning against teachers of the law:

Overall, the point's pretty clear. If you want to preach and talk about the law - that is, God's word, do it with faith and knowledge. Verse five sets the tone: 5The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. To be truly teachers of the law is to have the heart, the conscience, and the faith!

The Lord's Grace to Paul: 11-20:

Grace and mercy seem to be like cliches that're just used in daily life that we take for granted. Ideally, we don't consider the value of these words. The fact that we're given grace and peace really shows that in verse thirteen, we act ignorantly.

It really seems like we don't give our full appreciation to the Lord who really deserves it all. We're here in a safe country that takes so many things for granted - that there is an imbalance from us that upsets this world, and yet God does not give us punishment, but rather mercy.

I really pray from these two lessons that:

1) We can become better leaders by having the conscience, heart, and faith from God - in order to preach and to talk about the awesomeness of God.

2) We can truly appreciate the beauty of God's works and that we can really be aware that who are we to just have everything while not sharing it with the rest of the world...
julian
julian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down