Leadership Team Devotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Timothy 6 (May, 17)

+3
jennifersoomihong
ESTHERshim
joseph
7 posters

Go down

1 Timothy 6 (May, 17) Empty 1 Timothy 6 (May, 17)

Post  joseph Mon May 17, 2010 4:50 pm

Hey guys, hows everyone doing? BTW, happy birthday Andy!

So this is the last chapter for 1 Timothy.
From versus, 3-10 stood out to me the most. It kind of talks about what pastor moses talked about on Sunday, which is no idols. v10. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. So money is an idol, right! Money can be very sinful because for money, some people would do anything for money, and eventually use money for the wrong cause. Like what judas did. He betrayed Jesus Christ into the hands of the jews for money. This is perfect example because, no matter how close Judas was with Jesus, he rather have money than Jesus. Let me ask you this, if someone were to give you 1 million dollars, but you have to miss one day of church! Would you take that offer?

In verse 9 it says, People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. This verse also explains that people who are tempted and desperate to be rich, they would be willing to do anything to be rich, and this may lead into doing things which is against the law and the ten commandments.

This chapter has shown that the love of money will bring evil in you. We must understand that there shall be no idols in this world. There is only one and only God, period.

AMEN!!!
B-Ball game tomorrow, wish me luck yo!

adios!
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

1 Timothy 6 (May, 17) Empty Re: 1 Timothy 6 (May, 17)

Post  ESTHERshim Mon May 17, 2010 5:51 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDY! sunny

1 TIMOTHY 6
V1 "All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God's name and our teaching may not be slandered."

Love of Money
For us to teach, we must understand what we are teaching first. doesn't it just make sense? haha. It just goes back to idols in our lives. Because we were born without any worldly possession why should we have that strong desire and greed for money? Although money itself isn't bad, the consequences following it is really bad. We end up doing terrible acts to gain more of it, or how we use it. Like what sam said about how it's harder for a camel to go through an eye of a needle than a rich man getting into heaven. i don't necessarily agree with that saying but i agree with the fact that money can VERY easily turn us in the wrong path.

Paul's Charge to Timothy
V11 "But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness."
Hold onto what we believe in. It's worth it in the end.
i really liked this quote "Fight the good fight of the faith."

have a good tomorrow! glee is on.
Very Happy

ESTHERshim

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifersoomihong Mon May 17, 2010 6:35 pm

MY BAD JULIAN thanks for correcting me Razz haha
and thank you suj Laughing
AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDY HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT DAY
arrrggrggrgtgdfgnjka efrg rga efawejkn rawiou hraeonefaoiurwehnfa
im so tired! my brother and i have been literally running around and biking (half and half) for the last TWO HOURS TRYING TO FIND MY DOG Evil or Very Mad gaahhhh other people told us where he went, hes just a REALLY FAST RUNNER and goes where were not so were stuck like- scratch
grrrr that dog makes me angry sometimes..
ANYWHO we cant let that get in the way of my devo can we? haha
what i learned from this passage is that money provides the most temptation and the most destruction in man kind. so if were in touch with god and god is the only one in our lives, he will help us stay away from temptation and evil
grr i hope my dog comes back Sad byebyee
jennifersoomihong
jennifersoomihong

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Mon May 17, 2010 8:09 pm

Well, the prime focus that affected me the most in today's devotion is not really on MONEY, but more so on Greed. I think it seems like an understatement to say that money is a major source of sin. I think greed is. Money in itself is a good thing. When used RIGHT, it can save lives; it can heal lives; it can create equality. But because we live in a greedy world, we have an imbalance of wealth; an imbalance of equality; an imbalance of love.

v10. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

What have we learned yesterday? We learn about idols, right... and guess what one of them is! Sad

Ever hear the quote "Money makes the world go round?" I have, at least. We often think of monetary value rather than the true, everlasting value. As humans, we often fall into temptation because we wish to gain pleasure the fastest, regardless of how sinful it is. I think that's where greed erupted. I mean, think about it; in the bible, there are so many cases of greed. Many happen with tax-collectors - the worst scum to exist within Israel. Many happen with the so-called "preachers", who are nothing but "liars with conceited hearts", as I would say.

Greed is thought to have even more power than God would. I recall that from Sam - that money is something universal - something EVERYONE uses. As sad as it would seem, not everyone truly accepts God. I think that we have to overcome many idols, especially greed, to advance to what God calls us to do.

I think this partly relates to Romans 12:2, which is a verse I especially treasure. "Do not conform to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind." I think it becomes the HARDEST to conform to God's commands than by the commands of your friends or parents - of our surroundings. I think that we need to take greater steps in coming closer with God, so that we may be able to listen to him. : )

I pray that we all continue to live lives of truth and lives not conforming to Greed, or to the patterns of this world that contribute more and more to idolatry.

Happy Birthday Andy. Hope you've learned a lot from this. Wink

Jennifer: I also pray that hopefully you really will find your dog. I feel so upset... searching for two hours! I really hope God shines his light today.

Anyone else wanting prayer requests, let's post it under the requests page! Very Happy There are things to be prayed for!

Julian.
julian
julian

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph.p Mon May 17, 2010 9:36 pm

WDF?
Julian man devo so long
First i did not know we do the Sunday thing.
Second i have a french test.. D:
BUT RIGHT NOW IS DEVO TIME

1 Timothy 6
In verse one it says All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God's name and our teaching mat not be slandered.
What i think this is saying is, if you are being overpowered by an idol and your idol is making a slave to them, just consider your master (God) with full respect and pray so that Gods name and our teaching will not be slandered. So if you are struggling with a idol in life, it is best to pray to God with respect and he will set you free.

GOOD LUCK JOE What a Face
joseph.p
joseph.p

Back to top Go down

Post  Soojala Mon May 17, 2010 9:47 pm

Ha ha Jennifer! At least your dog gave you exercise!!

I have so much this week Sad

Tommorow: Calculas test
Wednesday: HIstory Culminating Essay and Softball game
Thursday: Business Test and Softball practice
Friday: Business Culminating Essay
Saturday: Work from 10:00 AM- 6:00 PM

WHEN DOES IT ALL END!!!

1 Timothy 6

I think it is important to step away from money but that is so difficult when it defines
our food, security, neccesities and most of all our life within today's scoiety. But we forget
that without money we still have God, but we are to scared to actually believe in that
because unfortunately when we have no money- we ALL feel we have nothing.
By man's definition that is true but in God's perception that is false.

We do have everything, in Him and money is nothing but an instrument we can utilize
for God's kingdom and our purpose.

That's why we tithe.

Soojala

Back to top Go down

Post  andypark17 Mon May 17, 2010 10:24 pm

haha thanks soooo much guys!!

Well very important lesson, as always.. Money ruins people, we've all seen it happen and we think that it will never happen to us, but its extremely difficult in our society today. It says that if we have clothing and food we will be content with that, i think that people nowadays take SOOO MUCH for granted whether that be our ipods, our 5th pair of shoe or our expensive cars, but we must remember that it was all given as a gift by God and that some people in this world do not have ANYTHING. Money has always been an issue in our family and sometimes i even thank God for that, because it is so much easier to drift away from God and to sin with having lots of money. It states that we should turn away from all this and rely on God, we do this by spending more time with him.

andypark17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down