Leadership Team Devotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Timothy 1 (May, 18)

+4
kim
jennifersoomihong
andypark17
joseph
8 posters

Go down

2 Timothy 1 (May, 18) Empty 2 Timothy 1 (May, 18)

Post  joseph Tue May 18, 2010 2:42 pm

Hey guys, hows it going!
Aww man, first lost of the season. Sux!
Anyways,

In this passage, the message i believe God is trying to tell us is that, we shouldnt be afraid of who we are. As it says in verse 8, "So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord or ashamed of me his prisoner. But join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God". This verse really stood out to me because as a believer of christ, i do sometimes struggle on spreading the word of God because i have alot of non-christian friends, however, i am not ashamed to admit that i am a strong christian and that i do my best to help my friends, even though they may make fun of me, but w/e. We shouldnt be ashamed for who we are because as it says in verse 7, For God did not give us a spirit of timifity but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. God has given us power of love and self-discipline so that we can go out and help this sinful world. So lets encourage each other to be faithful.

Amen!

Adios!
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

2 Timothy 1 (May, 18) Empty Re: 2 Timothy 1 (May, 18)

Post  andypark17 Tue May 18, 2010 3:06 pm

hey guys!!
aww joe that sucksss mann

I think in this passage Timothy is calling us to be bold and courageous for God's kingdom and the gospel. We've all experienced times where religion or christianity came up, and it sometimes is extremely difficult to preach/ evangelize to our friends. I have a lot of non christian friends, I've talked to them about what is going to happen after you die, what/who is God, and just religions in general, i think its definitely worth the time and pride to talk to them about these tough questions. I've thought about how i might feel if they die suddenly and they never got the chance to hear the message from anyone, i would never forgive myself. Starting by loving them like Jesus loves us is a very good start, it truly shows what Christianity is all about. But yes as Joe mentioned verse 7 is a very powerful and meaning one and something that strengthens us.

thanks for reading!

andypark17

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph Tue May 18, 2010 3:20 pm

haha yea i know! But w/e, i got 3 RBI's yeaaa! 3/3
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifersoomihong Tue May 18, 2010 3:59 pm

i have to do an art critisism and a history essay today... Sad i dont wanna start
MEHHH but i have to... i guess.... hhahaa
onto the devo!
OH!! btw,, my dog was out for like 5 hours so we were getting really worried, but then some person called my dads phone becuase its on the back of my dogs name tag, and had him safe with him I love you and it was my school friend so i was HAPPY but then i got super mad at my dog, and then all was well Surprised well THATS my story
SO! 2 TIMOTHY 1
6 For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. 7 For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.
this passage shows me that god has given us each a gift and we have to "fan into the flame" which means grow and nurture that gift so you can use it for the glory of the lord. each gift is unique to us, and is not just drawn out of a hat, but is carefully chosen for us. god gave us the power to do so, but he also gave us the power to choose not to do as he planned for us. so i think to keep on track, we should keep reading the bible, talking to god, and learning and expanding our wisdom and try to follow the steps of jesus in order to do what god had planned for us Very Happy
god has to be te only one in our eyes-- we cant think of what others will think, or nothing will happen. hehe
MY DEVO WAS SO LONG TODAY WOW teehee Razz
well i hope you guys have a grreeeaat day!!

and HAVE A GOOD TOMORROWWWW alien
jennifersoomihong
jennifersoomihong

Back to top Go down

Post  kim Tue May 18, 2010 6:26 pm

sucks about your game joe, hope you win next time.

this passage reminded me about what God has given me and that i should use it for Him. we were given a spirit of power, so we should show it and be confident in what we do.

i know it's short, but i dont really know what else to write. sorry guys.

verses that stood out to me were: 6-7, 8-10, 13-14

have a great week guys and gals.

kim

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph Tue May 18, 2010 6:46 pm

haha, thanks victor!
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Post  ESTHERshim Tue May 18, 2010 7:03 pm

first i was like "who the heck is this kim?" .....haha
awww shmuuuuu!

2 TIMOTHY 1
Encouragement to Be Faithful
V3 "I thank God, whom I serve, as my forefathers did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers."
Faith. When i hear that word, i always think it's just believing. but the thing is; it's so much more than that.

Wiki described faith as: Faith is the confident belief or trust in the truth or trustworthiness of a person, concept or thing.
Wiki described christian faith as: Faith in Christianity, as in other Abrahamic religions, centers on a belief in God, a belief in the reality of a transcendent domain that God administers as His kingdom, and in the benevolence of God's will or plan for humankind.

why would faith differentiate for normal use and for Christianity use? well...it's because it is different! I love you I think we are using the term "faith" in the average way: to fully believe that God exists, but not to act upon it. We should be using the Christian way of faith--to center our beliefs in God and to constantly show our faith for him! It's time we act upon our faith and not let it stand idle. With this quote "fan into flame the gift of God" !!
V8-9 "So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord, or ashamed of me his prisoner. But join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God, who has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace."

have a ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat day tomorrow jocolor

ESTHERshim

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Tue May 18, 2010 9:20 pm

I had to think about this one for some time. Esther talked about some key points that needed to be addressed. I remember Sam did so much on faith for us, if you guys recall... at least for 2 months! Faith is that important!

13What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus. 14Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.

I find that those two verses help to define what we need to do in order to prove our faith.
It just goes to show that even if we say we have faith, God needs works to be done. He doesn't just want faith. He needs action to be done on earth, right?

In the same way, look at Christ. Not everyone really believed him at the time. Through action - through true representation - was everyone convinced.

I find that verse twelve though, indicates something we need to be truly aware of:

12That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day.

TO BE ASHAMED. Face it - we all don't have Christian friends. It gets hard to preach. I've encountered that too. People will say to us that we can't force people to believe something. I cherish that principle. Without it, there's no freedom for everyone, and that wouldn't make God righteous. However, the bible encourages us to CONFRONT people and to share - to preach truthfully. Sam even said this - to try and help evangelize even one person in all of high school before regrets happen. I was shy at first, but with the prayer of my best friend, together, we've been leading our Christian fellowship with confidence, and witnessed transformations.

It really goes to show that faith goes on a long way. To be faithful means to show God's love. 7For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. Literally, God gave us the power to go beyond timidity and fear. For if God is on our side, who know what he can do? It all comes down to how much we can put God in priority of our lives... I pray that Andy and Sean will be refreshed from this and can put God where he needs to be.

Julian.
julian
julian

Back to top Go down

Post  Soojala Tue May 18, 2010 10:18 pm

Haha, i though the same esther!
and nice bout the dog jenn Smile
i wish i had a dog.....i had my cousin's for a bit and I named it SPAM
cool name eh??

I think it's important that God us reminded us this:

Do not be ashamed to testify your love for our Lord.
It's especially difficult to do this when we're in high school- cliques, that hot guy, la la la
But we should testify of our love because it is what saves
us from hell, which is way worse than a rejection from that totally cute guy.

We all agree now when we read this verse, but in the situation we don't see
rejection from the cute guy and hell beside each other.
We need to look at things in perspective and claim our faith, because it would hurt God
if we shafted him for another person.

Soojala

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph.p Tue May 18, 2010 10:21 pm

JOE. that sucks. BUT QQ MAN
haha jks
i had my french test and i completely failed lmao
and did you guys know we got a dog Smile
its like mixed with a yorkshire terrier and a maltese Smile

2 Timothy 1
without reading the passage, from the Title of the scripture i knew that it would be about encouragement towards others. As i read on,i came across the verses right at the start of the passage. from verse 3-4. I thank God, whom i serve, as my forefathers did, with a clear conscience, as night and day i constantly remember you in my prayers.

I think this passage shows that faith plays a big role in a Christian walk with God. just like in those verses, it says right at the beginning, I thank God. Showing faith and belief that there is the GOD. Also it says as night and day i constantly remmeber you in my prayers. This meaning that throught life, tough times and rough times that every night and day faith will play a role for remmeberance of God.

Verse 9 also got to me following up to verse 8 ...who has saved us and called us to a holy life- not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace.
This meaning that God will always be with us and guide us in his way of life whatever we do, because of his own love and grace for us. So we should have great faith in us to show him how much we love him as well as how much he loves us.

PEACE cheers
joseph.p
joseph.p

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifersoomihong Wed May 19, 2010 12:51 pm

http://www.light-science.com/desertmirage.html
haha i need it for science and im too lazy to log on hotmail ;P
IGNORE THIS GUYS Very Happy hahahaha byebyee
jennifersoomihong
jennifersoomihong

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down