Leadership Team Devotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Timothy 2 (March 11)

+3
2juliajaypm1164
jennifersoomihong
joseph
7 posters

Go down

1 Timothy 2 (March 11) Empty 1 Timothy 2 (March 11)

Post  joseph Tue May 11, 2010 2:21 pm

hey guys whats up! Hope your weeks are going great!

v5. For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Its funny how this chapter/verse also relates back to what pastor moses talked about on sunday. It's like God wants us to read this book of the bible. Suji, good choice of choosing 1 Timothy for devotions. God speaks. Anyways, in this passage, it says there is only one God. And that is the first commandment we talked about last sunday. And there is only one mediator, which is Jesus Christ. When there is one mediator, there is only one mediator, and thats it. Just like how there is only one God, and no other Gods. Its like saying, whenever you answer a true/false question, the answer is either true or false right, it cant be both. You know what i mean! Anyways, thats pretty much it!

Btw, we one both baseball games today, thanks for the good luck guys! But got hit in the nose with the baseball, ouch! Aight!

Keep up with devos guys, doing a good job.

Peace yall!
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

1 Timothy 2 (March 11) Empty Re: 1 Timothy 2 (March 11)

Post  jennifersoomihong Tue May 11, 2010 2:57 pm

HELLO guys Surprised
i have to run to my concert right now,,, so im gunna make this quick tehe tongue
1 TIMOTHY 2
9 I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, 10 but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.
i dont know if we were supposed to read this part.... but i read it anyways Very Happy
this verse stuck out to me, because it was directed at women only, and its saying how you shouldnt flaunt yourself and dress with unnecessary clothing, but to dress modestly,, im not too sure on this, but i think it means like how you dress and show yourself, reflects your character, and worshipers of god are modest and humble, as they are following in jesus's footsteps so they should dress as they are, and dressing to show yourself off is kinda like prostitution???? Shocked im not sure! Razz
tehe any help? Rolling Eyes
ANYWHO,,, i hope i dont make a mistake tonight! Very Happy
seeyoulateralligators pig
jennifersoomihong
jennifersoomihong

Back to top Go down

1 Timothy 2 (March 11) Empty 1 Timothy 2:)

Post  2juliajaypm1164 Tue May 11, 2010 7:10 pm

hey guys
okay soooo i like this chapter:)
God's saying that all of us should come with nothing else but pure souls and hearts and get down to the basics of worshiping our Lord.
It says for women to come with nothing but good deeds, that when we are in front of God that nothing is seen but our hearts.
11-15 is pretty harsh not gonna lie, ahah
but it's pretty true i guess, but i don't know what to say to this.

umm, i hope you guys have a great week:)

2juliajaypm1164

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Tue May 11, 2010 8:39 pm

1 Timothy 2: Instructions on Worship:

1/3 incomplete (Yesterday's) - Just to be honest. (For Suji and Joseph, I had no excuse.)

Instructions on Worship:

I think the topic's pretty straight-forward yet again.

I further believe that the point of these strict commands is to promote the idea of unity. I think though that the thing about women would also apply to men. But I think in that time period, women WERE (not that they ARE) treated as close as property than as humans. Sorry to be on the pessimistic side of things - it's not natural for me to be like this, but it is fact. Anyway! While Women should be submissive to their husbands, men should learn to be respectful; it's not like the bible's encouraging a masculine supremacy and feminine submission-like society!

Simply, everyone should be equal and willing to have their hearts ready. It doesn't matter what you wear; it doesn't matter what fighting takes place, let alone a reason to fight. Verse eight says it all, except it should be applied to both men and women. PEOPLE everywhere should lift their hands up and pray. I don't fully agree with this though in the literal sense. Symbolically, I get it, but it's more or less saying that you can express yourself during worship, because it's an individual's time to give glory to God, correct?
julian
julian

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph.p Tue May 11, 2010 8:59 pm

WOOOOW.
i did it... but it didnt post so here it is again....!
JENNIFER! WHAT CONCERT?!?! and good luck Smile
1 Timothy 2
from verse 1-3 it says that people that live with requests and prayers and thanksgiving be made for everyone. for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is what pleases GOD!!!
Same goes for the women at verse 11-15 if all women were to be faithful and love one another with propriety, then God our Saviour will be pleased!!!!

PCE:D
WISH ME LUCK ON SCIENCE TEST TOMORROW

Last edited by Josephpaik on Tue May 11, 2010 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
joseph.p
joseph.p

Back to top Go down

Post  ESTHERshim Tue May 11, 2010 9:42 pm

1 TIMOTHY 2
V5-6 "For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men—the testimony given in its proper time."

Jesus is shown by Paul as the mediator between God and man--lord of the church, and Timothy serves Him by pastoring His church. He's instructing him on matters of the church leadership, and church administration.
We in turn can use the instructions in leading, administrating, and pastoring. The instructions are that every follower must keep their faith and avoid false teaching. Every follower must stand firm and persevere Exclamation Wink

have a good tomorrow! I love you and good luck to everyone! Very Happy

ESTHERshim

Back to top Go down

Post  Soojala Tue May 11, 2010 9:42 pm

Ow, my head hurts so much.
Got a lot this week but i know i can do it....somehow.

This is probably one of the most contradictory chapters in the bible (especially with feminists)
because it says that women must be SUBMISSIVE, and that Eve sinned first. lalalala

HOWEVER! God did not tell Eve to not eat from the fruit of the tree of knowledge because Adam was suppose to tell her in his place. So, it is no one's fault that Eve took the fruit or Adam did not do his duty. Sin is was and still is an inevitable act humanity will commit. Thus, there is no blame among gender who seperated us from God. Besides we are all children before our Lord, not gals and guys.

When is says women should learn in quietness and full submission it means, that we shall serve without gossip and respect. Submission means respect of what is taught, not forfeit.
And quietness refers to our very talkative, gossipy mouths.

Amen.

Soojala

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down