Leadership Team Devotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Timothy 4 (March 13)

5 posters

Go down

1 Timothy 4 (March 13) Empty 1 Timothy 4 (March 13)

Post  joseph Thu May 13, 2010 2:42 pm

Wuddup brothas from anotha mothas!

Reminder: Bring your retreat homework finished for tomorrow's meeting. Meet at finch, 6:00 sharp!

The minute i read the first 3 versus of this chapter. The word spiritual warfare came in my head. I remember Sam talked about spiritual warfare in his sermons many times. And that is one thing we must be carefull of. According to some people, there are many God's in this world. But abviously, they are wrong, right. As the bible said, there is only One God, as it says in the first commandment of the ten. We must be carefull, for what is around us. Any form of evil, can simply harm our christian life, no matter how small or big it is. This is why we do devotions together, so we can be protect from the evil ones. We all have none christian friends right? We must be careful who we hang out with because as i said, any type of form of evil can harm your christian life. Yes, as God said, we should also help those who are lost, but we must be patient. Correct me if im wrong. Anyways, thats pretty much it!

adios amigos!
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

1 Timothy 4 (March 13) Empty Re: 1 Timothy 4 (March 13)

Post  ESTHERshim Thu May 13, 2010 7:22 pm

jenn: psh not even. i had a concert too Suspect

1 TIMOTHY 4
V1 "The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons."
Everything that God has made is good, so why do we desecrate it and not love it? From this passage, I think we should find more compassion in ourselves. At school, I've been having alot of trouble with bad judgements, when i should have been more open about it. We should be more open through the eyes of god? - Idea haha
V9 "This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe. "
I find that we don't put all our faith in god. We put some faith in him, but the other times, we put our faith in ourselves. we rely on our strengths to get us through and give ourselves the full credit. i think more faith be put in him rather than us Wink

have a good tomorrow! jocolor

ESTHERshim

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph.p Thu May 13, 2010 8:44 pm

whats up!!
cant wait till tomorrow Razz
my mom says to meet at church now because she thinks we don't get much done because all we do is eat o.o

1 Timothy 4
Right at the beginning of the chapter it states that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. This means that the Spirit knows that many people will drift away from him for other gods. Which brings me back to the chapter before, that people like us leaders need to be the overseers of these people and guide them to not drift away from the Lord.
The passage also says that God created good, nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer. This meaning that God is good, and everything he makes is good. So we must worship him and obey him because he is our creator and our father.

Very Happy santa
joseph.p
joseph.p

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Thu May 13, 2010 8:52 pm

Instructions to Timothy: 1 Timothy 4:

Just before I actually dive a little into the word, I find that so many of these concepts we learn actually affect our team so greatly! But even though we do happen to learn them, we all need to start the application, right? I mean, the book of James talks about how faith is good, but useless in the face of deeds! I think as leaders, we need to start taking action, right? Very Happy

I find that this chapter had a little bit of everything mixed up into one pile. I'd like to tackle on lots of the key points that Paul is trying to convey to Timothy. The first would be how we can view the other world; the side bounded by ungodly notions that are just made up. I mean, I encounter it daily. Sometimes we see a bible verse that talks about the killings of many children (sacrifices, recall!) or something really disturbing. Sure, fact is fact, but one would have to put things in context and see the big picture. God wants us not to always concentrate on the keenest details, but more so on the overall image he wants to present to us. Sometimes, we can't depend on ourselves if we do happen to fall into this. I know I have. God's told me the correct answer, though, and by listening to him, I could understand him better.

I know I'm going to rant on for so long. Sorry for someone who happens to read this devotion of mine; I just enjoy freelance writing. Anyway, the second paragraph, from verse six, talks about how we can really be godly. We should be pretty absent from myths and other false lies, but to focus on God and what he really wants. To be godly is to have many of his characteristics and to listen to his plans and his will.

Verse thirteen should be the prime example of why we are here - to talk about our stances in reading the same passage. By becoming accountable with one another, we get the opportunity to understand and interpret each others views. I mean, no one's wrong - we're given all of these gifts, as verse fourteen says, and we're to truly use them. If we're to use them to glorify God's name, why don't we start somewhere? Wink

I could rant on so many more topics, but I figure it's a long discussion.

Thanks guys, and I pray you'll have a Marvellous Friday! Smile

NOTE: PLEASE CHECK OUT THE PRAYER REQUESTS DISCUSSION TOPIC THAT I POSTED!
julian
julian

Back to top Go down

Post  Soojala Thu May 13, 2010 9:54 pm

PROM TOMMOROW! need to get some beauty sleep Wink

1 Timothy 4 "Instructions to Timothy"

This passage is a DIRECT message to the leadership team. Am i wrong?

He tells us "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."

God is telling us here to be LEADERS, to be righteous and committed servants of his name and mission. That is done by simply doing our daily devotion and doing our roles in church. I cannot explain in a more simple manner what the purpose of these instructions are.

God right now is telling us what we need to do, and most importantly HOW.

SIMPLICIITY is being granted here.

All we need to do to fix our problems is to follow these instructions given in this passage.

C'mon guys. Let's do this.

Soojala

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph Fri May 14, 2010 6:19 am

see you guys tomorrow, have fun at prom suj!
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down