Leadership Team Devotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 timothy 2 wednesdayyyy

+3
julian
ESTHERshim
andypark17
7 posters

Go down

2 timothy 2 wednesdayyyy Empty 2 timothy 2 wednesdayyyy

Post  andypark17 Wed May 19, 2010 2:45 pm

heyaaa guys!
crazy week this week, sooo much work then party haha Smile

anyways here it isss

very deep message today and learned a lot. the first section im actually not quite sure what they mean when they refer to the solider and the athlete. But the saying that is written in there is of utter importance the last one really touches me in that even if we are faithless, he will still be faithful to us. Next it talks about turning away from things that are ungodly, i definitly think this is true, the people and things that we associate ourselves with, it has an effect on you whether you'd want to admit it or not. Its almost impossible to avoid constant influence from friends, and surroundings, so Paul tells us to turn away from them because he knows what happens to people. Then it talks about pretty much the same thing, states that: "Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. " That should be one of our main goals as a christian.

andypark17

Back to top Go down

2 timothy 2 wednesdayyyy Empty Re: 2 timothy 2 wednesdayyyy

Post  ESTHERshim Wed May 19, 2010 5:27 pm

i almost got in a car accident yesterday, it was really scary pale

2 TIMOTHY 2

V3 "Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus."

This quote really stood out to me. The use of comparing ourselves as soldiers. I think we've been taking the label of Christianity to the most of our advantage. We've been calling ourselves Christians but in truth, what have we been doing to prove that? Are we telling others about Jesus? Do we help those whom no one helps? Just calling ourselves Christians is far from doing what god wants us to do. Christianity is about enduring hardships and going through the path of believing. With the quote it's saying the prize of having god in our lives, comes by acting like a believer. Showing others about god and going through many ups and downs is the life of a Christian.
V11-13 "Here is a trustworthy saying: If we died with him, we will also live with him; if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us; if we are faithless, we will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself."

A Workman Approved by God

V15 "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth."

How would you present yourself in front of god? well we should be acting our very best as if he were with us 24/7. IT doesn't mean that we act like the perfect person, because that's not us. We should still act like ourselves but without the bad things. What's the use of swearing or lying? It's pointless and should be avoided Rolling Eyes Whenever we do something bad, it spreads and becomes contagious to others and addicting to us. Although it's hard to try doing right, we should know the consequences of becoming dependent on the wrong. When we sin, we shouldn't be too embarrassed about that either Embarassed we should be open about it with those close to us (ie. our youth group) so that they can help us fix that Wink
V22 "Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart."

have a fuuuunnnn tomorrow cat

ESTHERshim

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Wed May 19, 2010 6:56 pm

Hey guys...
Before I start off on my long devotion (or rant Razz), I'd just like to talk about some things.
I thank everyone who has been writing on the Prayer Requests discussion. I think we lack accountability, and we're a leadership team that should be accountable to each other. If you haven't posted on it yet, I encourage you to. Smile

Aside from that, WOW, Esther, be careful! Ahha, I'm just kidding. But I hope you become safe. I almost got into a car accident around a year ago, actually.

Now to DEVOTION mode! Smile

2 Timothy 2:

Like Esther pointed out, I love the analogies that the bible uses to try and convey what being a Christian truly means. When many individuals tell others they're Christians, I get the feeling that although they're believers, they're not true actors. As the book of James stresses, FAITH WITHOUT DEEDS IS DEAD. It's not a matter of JUST believing - it's not that superficial. I think though, that actions DO speak louder than words. That by showing what it means to love God to our friends will truly define us as Christians.

I especially love the Athlete one, seeing as I run on the track occasionally! (I do long-distance, by the way. Very Happy) Studying law, I see that rules were created in order to create balance and fairness. Breaking these rules doesn't lead one to victory faster. It only temporarily sends the one to be disqualified temporarily. The thing is, I think that applies to Christian daily life. God gave us a set of rules that we are expected to follow - to lead and exemplify the ten commandments, to follow God's purpose and to trust in him - not just our own beliefs. If we try and take shortcuts, we don't learn anything. We just walk off disqualified if we break those rules. By working hard will we be able to truly show God what he wants to show us. As they say, time will tell... and God has many things in store for people.

A workman approved by God:

I think a LOT of this relates to one of my top struggles: LYING.

I look at myself in self-disgust. I consistently talk about the Lord to other people and introduce them to a relationship unlike no other. I am proud of that fact. But, I feel dishounourable when I lie sometimes. And I mean like, more than often. Inevitably, my biggest prayer is to be a man of truth.

Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 16Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly.

Sadly, I get affected by a lot of godless chatter, especially swearing. I often don't swear, and I dislike it. But, I do gossip about other people, honestly. I know it's wrong. I NEED TO STOP. I feel like such a bad influence - but I need to have my eyes re-awakened.

22Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

For the guys, you know one of my biggest struggles, especially you Joe J. I need to work through that too. Please pray for me!!

The rest of it affected me a lot too. Overall, we need to have time to work with our struggles, in order to become good influences. God has that plan in for us, as Jeremiah 29:11 says. Wink

- Julian.

God Bless!
julian
julian

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph Wed May 19, 2010 7:01 pm

Wuddup Yall!

oo shoot, thank God your safe esther and julain! Very Happy

YES julian, with long post!

2 timothy 2

v2. And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others.

So in this chapter, what i believe it is being said is that as disciples of Jesus Christ, we must step up and spread the word of christ to non-believers and make them believers. As it says in verse 2, we are witnesses and it is are duty to teach others. We christians, are the witness, and the non-believers is the suspect.

v3. Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus.

I like this quote too because we are the good soldiers. As discples of Jesus Christ, we must act as a disciple instead of looking like one. Like what esther said, she brings out a good point. That we've been calling are selves as christians, but we havnt proved that. If we tell others what to do, but we dont do the same, we are hypocrites, like what andy talked about while sharing his devotions in one of our meetings a few months ago. Christians is all about enduring hardship and being a workman. As it says in v15. "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth". God tells us to do are best to not be ashamed, just like what we talked about last devotion. You shouldnt be ashamed of who we are, and who we believe in. God has given us the oppotuniy to be christians, and lets take that opportunity to help others with shame. AMEN!

au revoir Very Happy
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Post  kim Wed May 19, 2010 7:59 pm

i think the beginning part about the athlete is basically trying to say follow God's Word and you will get eternal life? kinda confusing.. passage is basically saying that whatever we do, Jesus is affected too i think and i liked the verse where it says to avoid godless chatter which is really important so we don't get sucked into it. don't get sucked into stupid arguements is important too cause we're in a stressful time right now so it's important we don't argue, but encourage and stuff.

peace guys!

p.s. i can't find my ciggerette pack, maybe prayer had something to do with it? maybe.. Razz

kim

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph.p Wed May 19, 2010 8:18 pm

hey!
HOW IS EVERYONES WEEK GOING?!
haha

2 Timothy 2

At verse 5 it says Similarities, if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not receive the victor's crown unless he competes according to the rules.

I think this is saying something about in God way, you must follow his rules and worship him to go his way into the kingdom of heaven. I have experience on this ( not God ) but on a sports team. If you dont play by the rules, you get disqualified immediately. I think thats what the passage is tryng to say. Follow the rules and you will be safe in God arms.

Like Joe said at verse 3 it says Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus.

This verse states that we are like Gods soldiers (disciples) and we need to spread his name for Gods name to be lifted up and to be honored. We are his people, and we must do more as a leadership team bring more and more people together with encouragement.

PEACE cheers
joseph.p
joseph.p

Back to top Go down

Post  Soojala Wed May 19, 2010 9:53 pm

Hey guys! Won softball today!
I'm champs of north region and in two weeks i face south region, in which i'll hopefully
win Toronto Metro!!

Smile

Anyways- back to devotions.
I find this book repetitive, no?

Reading this chapter, I find the same themes of showing your passion and love for God rather than be ashamed. As well as practicing the fruits of the spirit; righteousness, gentleness etc.
We are reminded of God's love and how he will forgive us if we acknowledge we have sinned- and of course his promised kingdom that is graced because of his amazing love.

Nothing much for me besides that. Lates!

Soojala

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down