Leadership Team Devotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 timothy 3 thurs.

+4
kim
joseph
ESTHERshim
andypark17
8 posters

Go down

2 timothy 3 thurs. Empty 2 timothy 3 thurs.

Post  andypark17 Thu May 20, 2010 4:21 pm

hey guys! man 2 tests tomorrow, but means weekend of no work Very Happy
hope your weeks aree goooood

hmm i really couldnt find the main message in this one, first part it talks about what people are going to behave like: godlessness. But then paul didnt really wrap that one up in my opinion.. Next is paul encourages timothy hes bracing him to live a life worthy of God. Verse 16 was really powerful to me in that it states that we can pretty much use the bible in every parts in our lives, which i think is pretty cool, a book that was written thousands of years ago is still useful.

andypark17

Back to top Go down

2 timothy 3 thurs. Empty Re: 2 timothy 3 thurs.

Post  ESTHERshim Thu May 20, 2010 4:34 pm

haha thanks julian and jo Very Happy
and suji....i don't think you'll beat my school, we're pretty dominating Cool

2 TIMOTHY 3
Godlessness in the Last Days
V1 "But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days."
Hmm...that's pretty pessimistic No but reading on, it's pretty point-on about how we act and who we became in this world. If you take a look at yourself, we all have committed at least ones of these acts. It's become such a common and accepted thing, that we overlook what god wants from us to what we want in ourselves. It's time we understand that these ungodly things are impacting our lives a lot more than god does. I really like this quote V5 "having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them. "

Paul's Charge to Timothy
V10 "You, however, know all about my teaching, my way of life, my purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance"
Yeah. it's pretty repeated but i think it's just trying to emphasize it's importance THAT much more. We must strive and keep practicing these things so that it becomes a habit. It's a lot easier to adapt to doing the wrong thing, and harder to do the right thing, so we should keep trying to make what god wants us to do a stable and permanent thing! I love you

have a ffaanntasstic tomorrow alien

ESTHERshim

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph Thu May 20, 2010 6:35 pm

Hey guys!
Congrates suji with your softball, hope your school wins next week! Very Happy
Man, i have a fitness sumative tomorrow, and i have to make a meal! Making a Chicken and Penne Skillet. Man im going to do so bad, cant cook!

Anyways, devotion time!

The first few versus in this chapter sounds very sinful. That is because, the world is ful of sin and we all know that. Now the reason why i think God sents out this passage is because, as christians we have to help these sinners. As it says in verse 1,2,3,4 "But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last das. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money boastful, proud, abusice, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God". Man this verse just spits out ever sin of sin that can possibly happen. And it is are duty as christians to help these sinners. As we talked about last devotions, we are the good soldiers of Jesus Christ, and lets show God that we are the good soldiers, amen.

We all have none christian friends right? Just imagine what it will be like when its the last day and Jesus Christ comes and picks us up, but leaves those who are sinners. Some of them could be your friends or even family members. We must step up and help are friends and families because we never know when the last day will come. It can now, tomorrow, or 100 years later. So lets be the good soldiers of Jesus Christ and help those who really need it, amen!

AMEN!!!

Have a good tomorrow! and cya then YEAA
Very Happy
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Post  kim Thu May 20, 2010 8:39 pm

first few verses describe the characteristics of 'sinners'. i guess this is kinda how we act when we drift away from God. but it later explains that they won't get far. we, as christians, will get prosecuted and made fun of, but we just have to endure it. Scripture is God-breathed, which means there are no mistakes, and we should use it for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.

congrast sooj! it was so freaking hot today... see you guys tommorow.

kim

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifersoomihong Thu May 20, 2010 9:18 pm

hellooooooo Very Happy
soorryy guys i didnt do devos yesterdayy X( cause my mom and i were picking my brother up from work at wonderland and we got lost and eventually it took 3 hours to get back home -_-
hahah anywho
i think that this passage is very scary and it hits home to all of us, since all of us has done one of these sins before, and all of us have people around us that do these sins too. i think that we cannot comprehend the importance of watching what we do, and making sure that we try to do things the way god wants us to do it. it talks about the 'last days' and how they will be terrible. i can imagine, becuase all of our non christian friends, some of our family members, and many many people on this planet will be left behind by god, just becuase of the way they lived thier lives. i think it would be soooo hard watching that happen. im also scared and anxious that i will not be up to par when the last days on earth come for me. sometimes i think, what if i died today,,, what would god say to me, what would i do if i went to hell, how bad would that be? cause this is eternity we are talking about, not some 80-100 years on earth. when you think about it, if i didnt make it to heaven, i wouldnt even be able to describe the regret and desperateness i would feel and how bad it would actually be. we should grow in christ and make sure were ready for heaven, but equally important, we should make sure our loved ones make it there too. even if it cuases our pride and humiliates us. cause this is forever Shocked
hahah soooooo im finding summatives to be prettyyy laid back this time around! Surprised thats wierd! im waiting for the stress to kick in! but its not kicking in yet!! tehe
have wonderful tomorrows everyone I love you
jennifersoomihong
jennifersoomihong

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph.p Thu May 20, 2010 9:42 pm

How was everyones week!
haha
1 MORE DAY!!!!
see you guys tomorrow Smile
grats Suji! Very Happy

2 Timothy 3

At verse 2-5 it says that people will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God having a form of godliness but denying its power. Having nothing to do with them.

This passage states and scripts almost half of the 10 commandments that will be broken and that we all have an idol in our lives that we put before God. Which will cause us not to drift away from God but to do those listed sins above. Idols are a big thing in life, and we should overcome them not only ourself but with the help of God.It says in that passage that those people in the scripture are all those things. But all those things are us, we do all this and we must overcome it in order to be accepted into the kingdom of heaven with God love.

Then it says at verse 10-12 that You, however, know all about my teaching, my way of life, my purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance, persecution, sufferings, what kinds of things happened to me in Antioch, Iconuim and Lystra, the persecutions I endured. Yet the Lord rescued me from all of them. in fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted while evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.

This passage means that if you are to follow and know God his purpose his faith, patience, love, endurance, persecution, and sufferings, then you will live in a godly life of Christ Jesus and be persecuted Smile

PEACE cheers
joseph.p
joseph.p

Back to top Go down

Post  Soojala Thu May 20, 2010 9:49 pm

Oh man, I am so tired.
Need to catch up on caculas big time and my world history
mark needs to go up if I want a scholarship.

Man...I'm so not motivated!!! I wish I was like Cathy Sad

oh well. whatever, God is with me and that's all I need.

I feel like a lot of people are like those Paul describes in the first half of the passage. - And to be honest it scares me because it makes me wonder what is the church doing?- what is God's servants doing? I'm not blaming anyone but if we are all just behind the scenes only doing the administrative stuff then what's happening to God's will in the end?

We have numerous people in our ministry that would open up and show their passion if we gave them some love- you know?

There are so many within our church that are potential of being great leaders but it's our job to inspire/push and guide them to that calling.

I just wanted to say that I asked John and Joshua if they wanted to be in leadership- tell me what you think because I think our team needs some new assets.

As for my brother- I fear he is like the man Paul is describing in this chapter. He has chosen not to do devotions and I told him he's on probation. If you guys can talk to him then that'd be great because I can't talk any sense into him cause i'm his sister. :l i know.

see you tommorow!

Soojala

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Sat May 22, 2010 7:00 pm

Ugh.

I've been killed with so much stuff this week.
Now's the only time that Im able to do this, so I thought I would refinish the job rather than leaving it be.

I find the introduction to be pretty dark - showing that Paul's care for the Israelites at that time was very great. I knew he called them scum - how we are sinners, but he addressed the overall point that without God, we fall into temptation. In temptation we fall deep and plunge into the depth that darkness can take. From this, we lose our hearts. Our minds. Our love. It all becomes diminished.

I find that some of my friends, and even us have these characteristics. Lots of guys have lust; let's be real. Lots of women may have greed. Who knows? But it even talked about DEPRAVED minds.

What IS depravity? Sam mentioned this word dozens of times; it really means to do something wrong regardless of KNOWING its wrong; meaning, there is still INTENT. Sin controls us. We don't necessarily control sin. Being depraved is literally being a puppet to the hands of Satan.

The second part of this leads essentially to hope.

I find that hope is a good thing, and no good thing ever dies. We're not done with yet. We still have time, so we may be able to not focus on the past, but to work from it. Rather than just giving up the fight with Satan and living life "easier" with the absence of God, it is much more worthwhile STRUGGLING with the fight and living life harder.

The funny thing is that people misinterpret Christian life so much where it drives me nuts. Putting God into our live makes things harder, but more worthwhile and more moral than anything UNGODLY. That is why I look to God.

To help our friends who are about to let go off of the cliff, we NEED to take immediate action. We all have the knowledge. We all pray. We all do devotions. Well, WE CAN ALL DO ACTION!

: )

Julian.

Team, I apologize for not doing my share this month. This is number two for me.
julian
julian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down