Leadership Team Devotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Own Devotions (May, 24)

5 posters

Go down

Own Devotions (May, 24) Empty Own Devotions (May, 24)

Post  joseph Mon May 24, 2010 1:18 pm

Hey guys, how is ur monding going? Im stuck home working on summatives, sux!

Anyways, so since we have finished the book of timothy. I was thinking that for every book we finish, the week after for one week, we will do are own devotions on any book of the bible until friday than we will discuss wut book to do next! Sounds good!

So today i will do devotions on Ephesians 6.

v11. "Put on the full armor of god so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.

The reason why i chose to do my devotion based on the armor of God is because of spiritual warfare. The LORD has told us to wear the armor of God because as christians, we are a big target to satan, because satan wants us to stop spreading the word of Christ. We must protect are selves from satan, so by doing that, the lord has given us the armor of God. The world is a sinful place and we must becareful. v13. So therefore, put on the full armor of God so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand you ground, and after you have done everything to stand. If you havnt noticed, in the verse, it said the world "full" armor. The reason why the lord says full is because, in order to be protected from satan, we must accept all the armor. Its like saying, do we trust God 100% or 99%. Its either 100% or 0%. No between.

versus, 14-20 explains which armor of the armor of God does1

Thats it for me!

Have an awesome day guys!
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Own Devotions (May, 24) Empty Re: Own Devotions (May, 24)

Post  joseph.p Mon May 24, 2010 7:29 pm

THE BEGINNING! Smile
Genesis 1

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters."

This verse obviously states, that God not was, but is the beginning, the future, the present, the creator of all, Our God. God created us throughout the 7 days that he was making universe.

Ive always wondered if like God worked 7 days, so thats why there are 7 days in a week Razz
but whatever.

He created the Light, Waters, Land, Vegetation, Seasons, Organisms, and us. HUMANS. all started off with adam and eve. SO HE IS OUR CREATOR, WE MUST WORSHIP HIM AND PRAISE HIM FOR HE IS OUR GOD AND OUR HOLY FATHER Very Happy

Peace cheers
joseph.p
joseph.p

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Mon May 24, 2010 7:58 pm

This is something that just happened to pop out of the bible when I let it sit to a certain verse.

Here's a question to consider:

What do actors do before the performance, other than practicing?

Well, they memorize their LINES! Without their lines, they would be out-of-place, and they would be completely confused where they would be in the script! It gives the actor a FOUNDATION for his or her role!

Key: The more accurately the lines are memorized, the better he or she will portray the character.

Joshua 1:7-9:

Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

The better we can be at memorizing scripture, the better we will be able to apply it within our daily lives! We can stand up as better leaders, and can lead with truth and knowledge... we can't be false preachers of the law that are only to be condemned! We have to make Milal shine brighter in God's awesome light by revolving around what God says - his words - SCRIPTURE.
julian
julian

Back to top Go down

Post  ESTHERshim Mon May 24, 2010 9:27 pm

haha quuebbeecc tomorrow! ahhhhh tongue

i'm choosing....
1 JOHN 4:7-21 cheers

God's Love and Ours
V9-10 "We love Him because He first loved us."

i really liked that quote ^ because it's so true. Isn't that why we love him? because we received his love first? who would like someone when that person is so hateful to them? It's hard for us, even though we name ourselves christians, we don't want to give our love and care for someone whom we think don't deserve it. No why should we continue doing that? It's not right, as our role of christians, to give our love for god to others is key. we should be the ones who love first no? I love you i think we should be a little more loving and open to those alone at school or to those who are mean to us. no wouldn't that be fun? Wink

have a good tuesday! and a late start! <-- you have a late start right jo?

ESTHERshim

Back to top Go down

Post  Soojala Mon May 24, 2010 9:33 pm

Hey guys...I can't really do my devos because i forgot all my bibles in my dad's car who is currently
closing the store right now.

I know- noob Neutral

but what can i do!? so. i am going to take this opportunity to tell you that this friday
we will have our meeting at CHURCH with Pastor Moses, regarding the summer retreat.

SO PLEASE BE THERE! Thanks Smile

Soojala

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down