Leadership Team Devotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Own Devotions (May 25)

5 posters

Go down

Own Devotions (May 25) Empty Own Devotions (May 25)

Post  joseph Tue May 25, 2010 5:45 pm

Hey guys, hows ur week going?
School baseball team made to the playoffs, yea!
It was SO HOT today, omg! Im like literally, brown! Forgot to put sunscreen!
Anyways, for todays devotion, i did on James 4.

James 4:2

"You want something buy you dont get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You do not have , because you dont Ask God:

This verse stood out to me the most in this passage because, we all need prayer. It says, if we do not ask God, then he will not give. But if you ask, then he shall give you. However, in order to recieve that prayer request you need to have motivation when you ask for it. As it says in verse 3 "When you ask, you do not recieve because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasure". when we pray and ask for something to God, we need to put are hearts into it. You must express are feeling in are prayers. It may take time, but will need patients. As for are leadership team, we need more prayer guys. There is alot for us to do, such as the retreat, mission, ministry, and future leadership team. Btw, hows the 15 min prayer coming along? The truth, for me is really bad. I will improve and do better. Anyways, hope you got the message today guys!

Adios!
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Own Devotions (May 25) Empty Re: Own Devotions (May 25)

Post  joseph.p Tue May 25, 2010 8:18 pm

I decided to do Ephesians Smile
many people said this book was the best. Very Happy
haha!
First of all, i have a music concert tomorrow Razz
wish me luck Smile
Heres the devo

Ephesians 1

At v3 it says Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. Then it goes on and on about how God wanted us to be holy to him and that we were created before the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.

I think this is trying to say that, no matter what things we do, God will always love us no matter what, but for us to be accepted is a role we have to play in not rely in. Also he blessed us to do him good. So we are existed to spread Gods name to be more known so that everyone can be entered in the kingdom of heaven.

Also, it says for he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. This meaning that he is always watching our everymove. So if you are to do something bad, then it will be always better to confess and pray rather than keeping it to yourself creating a bigger punishment for yourself because God already knows Smile

PEACE cheers
joseph.p
joseph.p

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph Tue May 25, 2010 8:43 pm

Good luck Joe! May the Force be with you!
Also, joe brings out a good point! Love, and Forgiveness!
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifersoomihong Tue May 25, 2010 11:07 pm

hey guys,, sorryy i didnt do my devos earlier, its my moms birthday today Razz
im going to do this quick, uhm well i liked this passage, im going to start start a book tmr Embarassed
Romans 12
Living Sacrifices
1Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual[a] act of worship. 2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
jennifersoomihong
jennifersoomihong

Back to top Go down

Post  andypark17 Wed May 26, 2010 7:23 pm

hey guys sorry i havent been doing devos of late..
anyways im gonna jump on this ephesians bandwagon!

I think kinda the first part talks about how God predestined all of us to be his children and to do his will. Predestiny is just one of those things where we just cant seem to understand, but i do know this after having faith in God and knowing that he will do what is best for you, at the end of the day there is no reason to worry about the future. This holds true for most of us, as we sometimes might do bad in school, make the wrong choices, but in the end God loves us all regardless of what we might did and what we might do and he will chose the path that is best for us. Its just one of those things where you have to let go and let God take the wheel. This topic has been affecting me of late, there are wayyy too many choices in life and it definitely overwhelms me, and frightens me, its been hard for me to just let go and know that God will takeover in my life. We just need that leap of faith and let God take the wheel.

andypark17

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Wed May 26, 2010 8:17 pm

I'm in the middle of preparing something for fellowship tomorrow... which I will share.
I will post it tomorrow. It'll be so cool. Smile
julian
julian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down