Leadership Team Devotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OWN DEVOTIONS (MAY 31, 2010)

5 posters

Go down

OWN DEVOTIONS (MAY 31, 2010) Empty OWN DEVOTIONS (MAY 31, 2010)

Post  ESTHERshim Mon May 31, 2010 12:21 am

so i'm going to do my devos on...

2 JOHN 1 !!! Shocked
V2 "Because of the truth, which lives in us and will be with us forever."

SO the passage focuses on one word. truth. It talks about how the world is becoming corrupted. It's becoming a place where we are easily fooled and pulled away from God because of those who speak false testimonies and lies. They say they're Christians and try to pull you away from God. They abuse the label and trick you into turning away from God. It's time we learn for ourselves from the lies and truths, we should be able to pick out who is pulling us away from God. and it could be people or even our idols. Question It also doesn't mean hate one another because of our different religions, we should care for one another as well Smile As it says in the ten commandments, we should love one another! V6 "And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love." Very Happy

have a good tomorrow! I love you

ESTHERshim

Back to top Go down

OWN DEVOTIONS (MAY 31, 2010) Empty Re: OWN DEVOTIONS (MAY 31, 2010)

Post  jennifersoomihong Mon May 31, 2010 3:52 pm

HEY GUYS
I'm doing it onnnnnn: ROMANS 13:1-7
Submission to the Authorities
"1Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. 4For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. 6This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. 7Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor."

This passage is basically saying that you should submit yourself to authorities, because god made them authorities for a reason, so if you dont listen to those authorities, then youre basically disobeying god himself. if god didnt want the autority to be an authority, he has MORE than enoug power to get him off of that position. so no matter wat, put your trust in god and know that you are listening to the certain authority for a reason, and god would never lead you into anything that is not good.

But the ting tat confuses me is that what about hitler or like other authorities tat say ohhh you have to say you believe in my god or ill kill you,,, i dont know wat to do thenn???! help? Razz
ANYWHOOOO BYEBYYEEEE I love you
jennifersoomihong
jennifersoomihong

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Mon May 31, 2010 4:51 pm

Jennifer, to answer your question, the 'authorities' in question are the ones chosen by God - the teachers of the law. When it comes to totalitarians, we shouldn't necessarily be block-headed and use the judgement that God gave us. You look at it in terms of context - Israel was in complete chaos at the time, and the best answer was to look at the servants of God - the truthbearers.
Essentially, respect the ones who respect God as an authority. By respecting such authorities, you essentially respect God.
julian
julian

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifersoomihong Mon May 31, 2010 5:28 pm

ooohhhhhh THANKS Very Happy
jennifersoomihong
jennifersoomihong

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph Mon May 31, 2010 6:48 pm

Ok, i guess we will be doing our own devotions for this week instead! Anyways, hows everyone doing?
Tomorrow is my playoff game for baseball! wish me luck.

Anyways, devos time!

Ephesians 1:16

"I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers"

So this part of the passage is about thanksgiving and prayer. The reason why i wanted to share this with you guys because, we all need to thank God for everything. Like literally everything. For some, we may not say thanks because we dont realize it. The reason why we say thanks to God because, he has given us everything in are lives to make us happy. Such as a family, loving parents, friends, food, house, etc. but most important, the lord has created you for a reason. He has always though of creating you even before, the heavens and the earth was even created. Isnt that amazing. God deserves are love and thanks. As it says in 1 Chronicles 16:8 "Give thanks to the lord, call on his name, make known among the nations what he has done" This passage kind of summarizes of why we thank God. Also, a song came up my head. I tihnk its "Give thanks" and "Forever". Great songs! anyways, thats pretty much it! Hope you got the message!

Adios!
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Post  Soojala Mon May 31, 2010 10:14 pm

so tired.

Romans 2: 17- 29

The Jews and the Law.

The jist of this passage:

Do you tell people to not commit adultery, yet you yourself commit the sin?
Then, the circumcision or the promise you vowed you took with God has no meaning. nada.
For the promise a man has taken is not showed by obeying the law, but by following God with one's heart
and spirit.

Soojala

Back to top Go down

Post  ESTHERshim Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:39 pm

hahaha oh sorry jo! Smile

ESTHERshim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down