Leadership Team Devotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Own Devotions (May 26th)

2 posters

Go down

Own Devotions (May 26th) Empty Own Devotions (May 26th)

Post  Soojala Wed May 26, 2010 8:33 pm

Don't forget meeting friday at church for 6:oo PM.
or Finch Passenger Pick up for 5:00 PM.

please post where you will meet us!!
and come with your retreat homework done please.

Romans 1: 8- 16.
Paul's Longing to visit Rome

In this passage, Paul writes of his desire to visit Rome because of the faithful Christians who did not fail to prove their love and passion for God, despite the persecutions from Nero and Ancient Rome present.
in vs. 11 it says: I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong—

Here, it is obvious that Paul was impressed by their faith and was eager to meet such warriors of Jesus Chirst. Can we do the same?

Can we not be ashamed anymore, and not be self- conscious but be truthful in the love we profess for God?
Can we be like the Christians who faced even greater persecution than us in this passage?

Can we?
It truly is sad that we cannot- even with feeding people to lions, and burning them on stakes is forbidden today.

Soojala

Back to top Go down

Own Devotions (May 26th) Empty Re: Own Devotions (May 26th)

Post  joseph Thu May 27, 2010 7:02 am

Hey, srry for not posting yesturday! I was extremely tired! So i decided to do my devos in the morning!

Ill meet you guys at finch station 5:00pm.

Hebrew 11

This is one of my favorite books and chapter. In this chapter, the topic is all about faith. I know faith is something we always talk about, but its something we really need. As most people say, faith is something we believe in but cannot phyiscally see it. Right!

Suji brings out a good point. Can we do the same as Christians be such warriors of Jesus Christ. In order to do that, we need faith. Faith in honor, love, power, etc.

v8. "By faith Abraham when called to go to a place he would alter receive as his inheritance obeyed and went even though he did not know where he was going.
v9. By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a forgeign country, he lived in tents as did isaac and Jacob who were heirs with him of the same promise.

These two versus stood out to me the most because Abraham is a true man with faith. He had absoloutly no idea where he was going, but it did not matter for him because he had faith. In the end he made it to his homeland, which is sick. If i were in Abrahams place, it must have been hard for me. but if we say it must have been hard, that is we do not have faith, do you know what i mean.

The reason why i wanted to share this today is because, as leaders for this ministry, we really need faith. If we have faith, then we wouldnt have to worry about anything for this ministry, such as for retreats, etc. but right now, it seems like we are so. So lets have faith, and God will tell us what to do. AMEN!

AMEN!!!

adios
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down