Leadership Team Devotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Own Devotions (may 27)

4 posters

Go down

Own Devotions (may 27) Empty Own Devotions (may 27)

Post  joseph Thu May 27, 2010 7:58 am

Hey guys, hows it going! Hope your weeks going great!
I have no school for thursday and friday, sick! Is prom thursday, so teachers are telling us not to come to class, awesome!

Anyways, devotion time!

Proverbs 1

The reason why i'm doing proverbs 1 today is because, as i read through this chapter, i learned about having to hear and talk to God. From versus 20-33, it talks about warning against Rejecting Wisdom.

Now, to me this sounds like listening to Gods voice, but we simply ignore it because of the sins around us or were just not listening. This includes, idols and other sins are lives which may stop us from hearing Gods message. Also, If we choose not to, or cannot listen what God is telling us, it can be lack of prayer. This is because most of the time, we hear Gods voice and recieve his message through prayer, right? From versus 20-33, explains everything about warming against rejecting wisdom. Im kind of bouncing around, sry.

v33. But whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease without fear of harm.

We must be able to listen what God is trying to tell us. In order to optain that, i suggest more prayer, and get rid of all sins that may be affeceting your relation ship with God, such as idols(2nd commandment).

AMEN!!!

Cya guys tomorrow!

btw, suji said to post where you guys are going to meet tomorrow. (Church at 6 or finch 5). Post tonight guys, so we will know where you guys are, ok!
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Own Devotions (may 27) Empty Re: Own Devotions (may 27)

Post  kim Thu May 27, 2010 5:13 pm

sorry guys for not doing devos, just going through some stuff... ill post one later today
and everytime i try calling cedar glen, they're closed so i'm not too sure if our weekend is still open, but ill try again tommorow

again, sorry guys, see you tommorow

kim

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifersoomihong Thu May 27, 2010 8:25 pm

heyyy guysss, this song is so good Smile hahah just sayying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-t_Dlxv6EQ&feature=related

anywho,, im doing romans 12:9-21
Love
9Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
14Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.[c] Do not be conceited.

17Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. 18If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay,"[d]says the Lord. 20On the contrary:
"If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."[e] 21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good

soorryy for pasting the whole thing here,,,, but i really like this passage.
i think it really hits home, because, god pin points everything were doing and i can say that every one of us as done of the things he has told us not to. in the first line, it says hate evil, cling to whats good. i thought of how were supposed to love our neighbours, so i thought, we should love them, but not copy what they do and imitate them. hate the evil that they do,, but love the person Surprised also, it said do not repay anyone evil for evil, like two wrongs don't make a right. right?
do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. i remembered the km service, i learned that you give dduk to ones you dont like, and be stern to ones you like, bcause you want to help all you want to the person you like to help them become a better person , but the person you dont like, whom you give the dduk to, you just let them go on with thier bad ways tongue
haha im done TWO ESSAYS
YAY but there are more summatives coming up,,,,,,,, Crying or Very sad hahah have a good tmr guys
jennifersoomihong
jennifersoomihong

Back to top Go down

Post  kim Thu May 27, 2010 8:53 pm

yo jennifer, the song sounds like backstreet boys hahah, but pretty good hehehe

anyways, here's my devo.

Mark 4:1-13

this passage is about the parrable of the sower. So basically, a farmer was scattering seeds and there are four situations:
1) Some fell along the path and got eaten up by birds.
2) Some fell on rocky places with little soil. It sprang up quickly because the soil was shallow, but when the sun came up, the plants were scorched and died because they had no root.
3) Some seeds fell among thorns, and when they grew, they were choked by the thorns so it bore no grain.
4) Some fell on good soil and grew and produced a crop of 30, 60, or 100 times.

These four situations each represent different kinds of people:
1) Some people are like seeds along the path where the word is sown and as soon as they hear it, Satan (bird) comes and takes away the word.
2) Some who fell on rocky places recieve the word with joy, but since there is no root or foundation, it doesn't last long. When trouble or persecution comes their way, they fall quickly.
3) Some people hear the word, but the worries of like, deceitfulness of wealth and desires for other thing come and choke the word, making it unfruitful.
4) Others are sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it and produce a crop 30, 60 and even 100 times greater.

I think all of us fall under one of these four categories, and it was a real eye opener for me.

This was my longest devo to date hahahha
and pray for me tommorow because i have my G2 test and i wanna pass hahhaa

kim

Back to top Go down

Post  Soojala Thu May 27, 2010 9:18 pm

WHAT HAPPENED TO YESTERDAY"S DEVO?
HELLOOOOO- goodness gracious.
anyways- Joseph, do you know how to get to church by bus?

Romans 1: 18-32

Very very very intersesting passage.
vs 26: Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones.

In this passage, it describes of the eventual wickedness human beings came to possess and God's "forfeit" of his children over.

When one would read this passage, it would seem God forfeited his children to sin but I think, he is fortunately and bitterly 'forfeiting' because he loves us.

The only way God loves us, i.e. give us our free wills is to let us be no matter way we choose and do.
That is my explanation of Paul's description of God's wrath.

His wrath is the bitter act of letting us go, because he dearly loves us yet yearns for us to be pure and holy.

Soojala

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph Thu May 27, 2010 9:22 pm

umm, i do, not from finch station but, we will have to walk to Cummer Ave, then we will take bus from their going east, then it will lead right to church!
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down