Leadership Team Devotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JUNE 1 new month :)

5 posters

Go down

JUNE 1 new month :) Empty JUNE 1 new month :)

Post  joseph.p Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:40 pm

I know i coulnt do the devo yesterday but thats because of my bro..
He hogged the computer the whole day ever since he got back from Wasaga Smile
So sorry about that.

I randomly opened the book of the bible once again to...
Ephesians 5

Ok...
right at the beginning it states Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

I think this passage is trying to say that we need to be imitators just like God because God is good all the time and all the time God is good. We should always follow in his pathways and choose to go in his directions. Also when it said Be like Christ and sacrifice yourself to God, i think this meant that sacrifice your body and soul to God and to use it for Gods glory and workers for his name.

PEACE afro
joseph.p
joseph.p

Back to top Go down

JUNE 1 new month :) Empty Re: JUNE 1 new month :)

Post  julian Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:08 pm

I guess I'll do what Joe did.

Ephesians 5:

A lot of this essentially has to do with how God is telling us to act.

To really have God in our lives - that we can be imitators of his might, we have to learn how to LIVE like how Christ did - a life of love, forgiveness - without even the smallest hint of sin. Anything that is unholy - that is not set apart from the ways that society does - cannot make us true imitators. We all sin all the time. I know I have. WE ALL HAVE. Sad

It doesn't mean we lose hope. Like Sam said a while ago, it's better to fight the fight than to let it go. Even if times get tougher, it isn't an excuse to become half-assed! From verses eight to thirteen, it basically states that we move on from the future and pray what it is that GOD wants in our lives. Rather than keeping sins in secret, better to talk about it with one of your most trusted CHRISTIAN friends. The exposition of the sin, combined with prayer, can result in more confidence to glorify everything we can to God.

Wives and Husbands:

I really dislike the norm that men are 'stronger' than women. I don't believe in such a concept. I think everyone is equally strong, but 'strong' in different aspects of life. Some men are strong in muscle, but weak in heart - not to say that women CAN'T be like that! I mean, I'm not necessarily sexist. I think God views things the same way.

The reason he uses things like "Wives, submit to your husbands", is because it was more accepted to conform to what God said - that a woman was created out of man. But it does not necessarily mean that the woman is to do every command the man does. It doesn't mean that the man can abuse her. IT DOESN'T work like that! Just as wives respect their husbands, husbands must respect their wives in a similar manner! Be caring.

I think that lots of relationships in high school are caused not by God's will, but more so on lust, selfishness, and pride. Personally, I have not yet been in a relationship, but this is my view. A relationship involves both man and woman, but also GOD! Everything you do has to include God in the picture somehow. If what you do does not glorify God, why are you in a Christian relationship? Is it not to meet the requirements of what God asks?
julian
julian

Back to top Go down

Post  Soojala Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:38 pm

I almost forgot to do my devo today.
Well- i've read ephesians at least 4 times, so i'm going to do romans still.

God's faithfulness Romans 3:1-8

Paul proves a foolish point here wrong. He retorts to the argument that sin shall be continued because it bring's out God's glory when he condemns those who disobey.

That makes ABSOLUTELY no sense. If God wanted himself to be so GLORIFIED, he would not want us to disobey him in that path. That's elogical. He loves us, and therefore would not glee in fact we hurt his heart. His love surpasses his own desire for glory. He is a 'selfish' God, and wants all our love but not through sin. That is elogical.

Soojala

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:12 am

sry for not posting yesturday! My bro needed to use the computer, so i wrote my devos down. Here it is!

Galatians 3

This passage really stood out to me. We are all sons of God through Jesus Christ. But in order to be a son of God, we must accept Jesus Christ. In verse 27. it says, "for all of you were baptized into christ have clothed yourselves with christ". It talked about getting baptized in this passage. The reason why we get baptized is because we have fully accept Jesus Christ our lord and savior, and love him with all our hearts. Now it says, it does not matter who you are, rather a jew nor Greek, male or female, etc. We are all sons of God. God has created us for this very reason. As a believer of christ we shall accept out lord and saviour Jesus Christ! Hope you got the message.

PEACE!
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Post  ESTHERshim Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:59 pm

so no work this fridayy!!! Very Happy
but i forgot i have a dentist appointment albino, i don't even know the time so i might be late or not Suspect

TITUS 1
V2 "a faith and knowledge resting on the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time."

so i chose Titus because i haven't seen anyone do this book before;) i actually really like what i'm learning from this! It talks about how we aren't always under the supervision of God. well we are. but we shouldn't be babysat by Him. We are given independence for a reason right? haha! he's given us guidelines but it's not a straight-forward path that we can never set out of. it's easy to fall off the trail and so we ask ourselves? how strong are we as Christians that we can stay on the path? i think it's through others. we find strength in each other. so we should act like a team and grow together. with this independence it gives us the choice to turn away from God, or grow further in a relationship with him:)

have a good thursday!

ESTHERshim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down