Leadership Team Devotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Own Devotions (June 2)

4 posters

Go down

Own Devotions (June 2) Empty Own Devotions (June 2)

Post  joseph Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:41 pm

Made to the semi-playoffs, yea! It was walk off to home, 8-7. Tight game!
The semi-playoff game is tomorrow! wish me luck guys!

Anyways, devo time!

Romans 12:9-21

In this passage, it talks about love, and how we should love one another. This includes loving your enemies. The reason why i wanted to share this with you is because as christians, we say we love God. But if we say we love God but hate our enemies, we have not love God yet. This is because, if we can love someone who we cannot see but cannot love someone who we can see, then we have not experienced Gods love. If you read 1 john 4:19-21, it shows that if we love God who we cannot see but cannot love someone who we can see, we are consider liars. God tells us to love our enemies as well because thats what Jesus Christ did. Even though people spit at him or hated him, Jesus Christ still loved those sinners. If we cannot love our sinners, how can we love God.

v21. Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

This verse really stood out to me. God says we shall no be overcome or influenced by evil, but instead we shall overcome and influence evil with good. By doing that, God has overcome our lives so he can us the authority and power to overcome evil, so we cannot be harmed. Luke 10.18 says, I have given you authority to trample on snakes, and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy, nothing will harm you. Theres a song called "Overcome" by the album, "Desperation Band". GREAT SONG! listen to it. You will be overwhelmed.

Hope you got the message!
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Own Devotions (June 2) Empty Re: Own Devotions (June 2)

Post  ESTHERshim Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:05 pm

GOOODDD LUCKK! Very Happy

TITUS 2
V1 "You must teach what is in accord with sound doctrine."

So this chapter is about teaching. As leaders we are given the task to guide and teach others. But the hard part? teaching it right. Because we have the responsibility to teach others, we must teach them the right thing. Doesn't leader mean influential? looked-up to? so we should set a guideline to others because they look at what we do. if we're doing the wrong things it doesn't match the label we put ourselves as Christians right? V15 "These, then, are the things you should teach. Encourage and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you." I love you

have a good thursday!
Cool

ESTHERshim

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph.p Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:11 pm

Grats Joe.
ahaha
Ima open my book to....

Isaiah 3

it says See now, the Lord, the LORD Almighty, is about to take from Jerusalem and Judah both supply and support: all supplies of food and all supplies of water, the hero and the warrior, the judge and prophet, the soothsayer and elder, the captain of fifty and man of rank, the counselor, skilled craftsman and clever enchanter.

I think this means that the Lord he is Almighty and that he has done everything he can for us and that he will continue to so we must be followers of him and do what he wants us to. To spread Gods name and to be servants for him

Smile
joseph.p
joseph.p

Back to top Go down

Post  Soojala Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:27 pm

Softball cities tommorow!
I"m batting Smile. Wish me luck

No one is righteous romans3: 10-19

Hmm...I didn't really read anything meaningful beyond the passage's title.

Peace out dudes.

Soojala

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:19 am

good luck suj, hit a homerun!
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down