Leadership Team Devotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Own Devotions (June 3)

3 posters

Go down

Own Devotions (June 3) Empty Own Devotions (June 3)

Post  joseph Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:13 pm

Hey guys, whats up!
We lost today! NO! Lost in the semi-finals! ah well to bad!
Suji, how did ur game go today?
Anyways, devo time!

Genesis 45:5
" And now do not be distressed and do not be angry with yourselves for selling me here, because it was to save lives that God sent me ahead of you?

So for todays passage, i want to talk to you guys about who you are. It said, do not be distressed and do no be angry with yourself.

You know, God created us for a reason. We should be happy for who we are and never be angry with yourself.

When my school lost today in baseball, i was so angry with my self because i did terrbile today. I was so angry with my self that i kept on saying, why, why did i do so bad today. I was putting so much stress on myself and, it was really bad. But then, when i read this passage, i realized, i should never be angry with my myself. Now i dont feel much anger of that game. God has taught me for who i am. Hope you got the message.

cya guys tomorrow!
joseph
joseph

Back to top Go down

Own Devotions (June 3) Empty Re: Own Devotions (June 3)

Post  jennifersoomihong Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:41 pm

SORRY GUYS!! i havent done my devos for two days!!!! Embarassed
i got back REALLY late from athletic banquet and was SO TIRED i went straight to bed tongue
sorryyy
ohhh mann,,, summatives are piling up,, i have soo many due that i havent started yet >< guess thats my fault Neutral
my devo: ROMANS 13:8-14

Love, for the Day is Near
8Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law. 9The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet,"[a] and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself."[b] 10Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
11And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. 12The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. 13Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. 14Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.[c]

i think this passage is very straigt forward, you shouldnt dwell on debts, focus on loving your neighbours as yourself, don't waste the time god has given us, salvation ccan happen anytime, so always be ready, always try to fufill gods commandments, and follow god, try to be more like him everyday.
gotta get back to work! sorry for the short devo
jennifersoomihong
jennifersoomihong

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:38 pm

I decided to mine on John 4:7-26:

Recall that Samaritans were ones who were always the scum of Judea's society at that time. Jews were first, then gentiles, then the animals and livestock - then the Samaritans. Remember that a Samaritan is a half Jew (the other half is irrelevant).

The main verse that stood out from the rest of the passage just had to be thirteen.

"Everyone who drinks the water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I gave him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

This relates quite a lot to how the holy spirit is in us - that whenever we become so spiritual thirsty or hungry, God is there to continue and refresh us for all eternity, IF we do take advantage of it. If we do it periodically, it doesn't really happen. I think that to apply such a thing will need God in our conscience. To be filled with the holy spirit everyday is to be spiritually 'refreshed', in a sense.

Something I find controversial lies within verses twenty-one and counting. I'm assuming that Jesus finds that the Jews are too arrogant and insolent with their "superiority", and that the Samaritans are worshiping incorrectly.

By God's judgment, worship of anything that is NOT God will lead to something different than what God expects.

Verse twenty four: one to remember! (God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit, and in truth.)
julian
julian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down